TJ Stereo Upgrade

Yes, BLAMs are significantly better sounding/quality, especially when paired with a proper amplifier. They are 2 ohm and just sound awesome for the price.

I had the Polk speakers in my jeep and they were great back in 2012, yes 2012, when these BLAM speakers were not around.

BLAMs are the same price as Polk. These BLAM relax are, their high end stuff costs more than our TJs.

Do you know of any US sellers that sell them? My bank doesn't let me do international purchases without contacting them and the link you sent is a UK website.

I really want to keep the factory head unit because I don't like the way the aftermarket ones look.

Though I might try to find a different speaker cover because I'm not a fan of the one they come with.

I'm also pretty picky about the way most aftermarket radios look. I went with the Sony DSXA415BT - it's a real solid middle of the road head unit. Doesn't look/feel cheap at all and was a massive upgrade from the stock head unit.

I went with the 6.5" Kicker speaker kit for the soundbar that upgrades from the stock 5.25" , it's a pretty low budget option and comes with much nicer looking speaker covers. Also did new 4x6's in the dash.

I've had them a few years now and don't have any complaints.

Reactions: skrelnik
Yes, BLAMs are significantly better sounding/quality, especially when paired with a proper amplifier. They are 2 ohm and just sound awesome for the price.

I had the Polk speakers in my jeep and they were great back in 2012, yes 2012, when these BLAM speakers were not around.

BLAMs are the same price as Polk. These BLAM relax are, their high end stuff costs more than our TJs.

Can those BLAMs be driven well enough by his OEM head unit before/until he has installed an amp?

Do you know of any US sellers that sell them? My bank doesn't let me do international purchases without contacting them and the link you sent is a UK website.

I am unaware....sorry. US resellers will be 2x the price.

Can those BLAMs be driven well enough by his OEM head unit before/until he has installed an amp?

Yes, the Relax series will work with stock equipment but are so much crisper when properly amplified/installed.

Reactions: SSTJ
I can’t imagine not having Bluetooth in the Jeep. This amp from Amazon fits under the steering wheel and will make your 4 speakers come alive

IMG_4285.png