TJs in beautiful places

This is one beautiful place for wheeling... Doran Canyon near Calico Ghost Town California. This is right off the I-15 just outside of Barstow California on the way to Las Vegas.

View attachment 24421

This is one more gorgeous SOCAL wheeling spot known as Devil's Canyon which is not too far from the Mexican Border. :)

View attachment 24422

I want to wheel there so bad I saw a youtube video of a bunch of JKs going through devils canyon.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Wow what a great thread. So cool to see so many good looking jeeps in such beautiful country. :thumbup:

Just up in the natl forest Mon. Beautiful fall day.

IMG_20171023_161859437_HDR.jpg

We drove into the Mammoth mountains area, Laurel Lakes trail. Easy trail by most peoples standards. Rocky as all get out. Narrow with very few passing areas. But beautiful. They had just gotten snow a day or so before we got there.
218c62de1182904552853c6af65d986a.jpg

0c49dbb21a0f6305d1fe555c3217d113.jpg

639da3fdd1f09940c7732d5a6d93380e.jpg

854cfa646bd1c312935d0bb55a20f855.jpg

My Jeep is the one on the left. The photos with black borders on them are captures from the video.

We also did another trail near Bishop, Coyote Flats as I recall. Cool trail, pretty easy as well. But, being a beginner, these were fine with me. Rocky as well with some pretty steep spots. It helped to have a lifted Jeep. My friend has a stock Rubicon and he hit his sliders a few times as well as taking out a tire, sidewall damage. We cruised over everything with a 4” lift and 33’s, no issues whatsoever.
236b1faa88b620561471e3ac5dd1272e.jpg

ba6d07c9af484364642d47ca314c4ab8.jpg

After we got to the end of the Coyote Flats trail, we went on an unknown trail. That didn’t pan out well. It was obvious it wasn’t well used by the height of the weeds in the middle. Eventually we got to the point where we were scraping tires by rocks to keep from going over the cliff. Then we ran out of road, it became rock and cliff. Have to admit I wasn’t comfortable with that part of the day. We found a place to get turned around and left the way we came in. Still, a fun weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We drove into the Mammoth mountains area, Laurel Lakes trail. Easy trail by most peoples standards. Rocky as all get out. Narrow with very few passing areas. But beautiful. They had just gotten snow a day or so before we got there.
View attachment 24504
View attachment 24505
View attachment 24506
View attachment 24507
My Jeep is the one on the left. The photos with black borders on them are captures from the video.

We also did another trail near Bishop, Coyote Flats as I recall. Cool trail, pretty easy as well. But, being a beginner, these were fine with me. Rocky as well with some pretty steep spots. It helped to have a lifted Jeep. My friend has a stock Rubicon and he hit his sliders a few times as well as taking out a tire, sidewall damage. We cruised over everything with a 4” lift and 33’s, no issues whatsoever.
View attachment 24508
View attachment 24509

After we got to the end of the Coyote Flats trail, we went on an unknown trail. That didn’t pan out well. It was obvious it wasn’t well used by the height of the weeds in the middle. Eventually we got to the point where we were scraping tires by rocks to keep from going over the cliff. Then we ran out of road, it became rock and cliff. Have to admit I wasn’t comfortable with that part of the day. We found a place to get turned around and left the way we came in. Still, a fun weekend.

WOW!

View attachment 24504
View attachment 24505
View attachment 24506
View attachment 24507

View attachment 24508
View attachment 24509

X2. These types of photos were what I was looking for in this thread. Thanks for posting!

X2. These types of photos were what I was looking for in this thread. Thanks for posting!

Thank you. It was the type of place where you were not going to see that scenery driving in your Prius. Day one, I didn’t take as many screen shots from my video as I did from day two. Guess I need to go back and look. It was two hours of video on day one. So, not lacking.

Finally some decent weather (sort of ).... top and doors off and went out to Hunua Falls.... about an hours drive haven't been there in years and hoping to get a great pic of Bruiser in front of the falls..but...since I've been there they've made it more civilized and with a paved car park and everything plus I couldn't get Bruiser close enough to get in shot for this thread.:( .here are a couple on the way there and one or two of the falls anyway.
DSCN0262.JPG
DSCN0263.JPG
DSCN0268.JPG
DSCN0264.JPG