Torn x2

tennant

TJ Enthusiast
i have a lift already but planning to exchange. i have 33x12.5x15 tires with i think a 2.5 or 3 in suspension lift

torn between 3/3.5" OME lift with rancho shocks ... or 2in bds suspension lift and 1.25in teraflex body lift with fox shocks

i have also heard good things about currie lift.

The most popular combination on this forum is a total of 4” of lift for 33s. Consider a 1.25” BL and 3” SL. You’ll get more shock up (and down) travel, which will improve ride quality and may improve off-road performance depending upon configuration.

If ride quality was my biggest concern, I would choose the Savvy 3” lift, which shares parts and the design of the Currie 4” lift, as well as a 1” or 1.25” body lift. However that lift kit is not cheap

Last edited:
Why are you changing it? What is your intended end result?
I dont know the lift on it now. Doesnt say :/ It must be old. I dont know the height or anything. It has to be at least 2.5-3 by the way it fits with 33s.

SO i wanted to exchange the lift

Measure the springs. 8" in the rear and 12" up front is stock, anything more than that is your spring lift. Post some photos, certain companies can stand out due to their hardware.

I dont know the lift on it now. Doesnt say :/ It must be old. I dont know the height or anything. It has to be at least 2.5-3 by the way it fits with 33s.

SO i wanted to exchange the lift

What is the current setup not doing that you want it to do? This is an important question to answer because it will help focus our plans for you. :)

What is the current setup not doing that you want it to do? This is an important question to answer because it will help focus our plans for you. :)
I don’t think i have one. I guess more of the fact that I don’t know how well the person installed whatever lift it has. I actually think i see FabTech springs ..

Measure the springs. 8" in the rear and 12" up front is stock, anything more than that is your spring lift. Post some photos, certain companies can stand out due to their hardware.
I measured from the top of the coil spring to bottom in the front and got like 15.5-16” if i measured correctly.

I measured from the top of the coil spring to bottom in the front and got like 15.5-16” if i measured correctly.
Top of spring to bottom of spring. The front has a 3.5-4" lift based on your measurements.

If the ride height is what you want or need, then the springs are fine.

The most popular combination on this forum is a total of 4” of lift for 33s. Consider a 1.25” BL and 3” SL. You’ll get more shock up (and down) travel, which will improve ride quality and may improve off-road performance depending upon configuration.

If ride quality was my biggest concern, I would choose the Savvy 3” lift, which shares parts and the design of the Currie 4” lift, as well as a 1” or 1.25” body lift. However that lift kit is not cheap

I'd argue you get more up and down travel with more suspension lift. By the nature of the lift you are increasing potential up travel by 1" with a 4" lift over a 3" lift. You are 1" farther from bump at ride height and can thus run a longer shock.

Now as far as potential future upgrades go you're better off with the body lift and I've debated going to a 3" with a body lift myself but I think in the long run I'd go to 35's if/when I to a TT. The TT ties into so many things I think at that point I'm going to be swapping axles etc. and going big.