Tourist sub taking groups to look at Titanic wreckage goes missing

Our water trucks have snap tanks. Aluminum frames that fold out to support the bladder.they empty their water into them and leave to get more

Though not a requirement for Type II water tenders on fires, they like all trucks to have attachable shutes for filling pumpkins.. back up open the dump valve and go...

Reactions: Rickyd
Bonus points for putting retardant in the open window of the IC's truck!

That never happens.....
dd0.png

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep
Bonus points for putting retardant in the open window of the IC's truck!

That and the above pic reminded me of a brush fire near Rim of the World High School in SoCal.
CHP rolls up on some onlookers on the side of the road and tells them to move their cars because the tanker is going to make a low pass ahead of the fire. Then the Chippy hauls ass away. About 15 seconds later, the drop happens and covers about 10 cars in retardant. The stain on the roadway stayed visible for a couple of months and you could sure tell where the cars were parked. hahaha

Our water trucks have snap tanks. Aluminum frames that fold out to support the bladder.they empty their water into them and leave to get more
That is what we had, 2500 gallons, this is not in the mountains but a fairly wealthy community with no hydrants. Typical house fire was an older mansion with balloon construction (no fire stops between floors). I remember being in a basement searching for the fire in a smoke only situation when we heard the trucks outside sounding the air horns to retreat. Turns out the fire was 3 floors above us breaking through the roof. I also remembering on that fire I was standing in the dump tank later holding the suction hose in the water while the surface of the tank froze around my legs.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Rickyd and reddvltj
Don't know if it's been pointed out here in this thread, or not, but OceanGate is based here in Everett, Washington. It's a mere two miles to the west of me, in fact. I just saw a notice that their office has closed down "indefinitely".

By FOX 12 Staff
Published: Jun. 23, 2023 at 12:29 PM PDT

EVERETT Wash. (KPTV) - The Pacific Northwest headquarters of OceanGate will be closed indefinitely after five people aboard its Titan submersible are presumed dead, including the company’s CEO.
The company’s offices, on the Everett waterfront, will be closed “while the staff copes with the tragic loss of their team member,” according to a statement released by the Port of Everett.
A sign stating there is no public access to the OceanGate offices is seen Thursday, June 22,...

A sign stating there is no public access to the OceanGate offices is seen Thursday, June 22, 2023, in Everett, Wash. The U.S. Coast Guard said Thursday that the missing submersible Titan imploded near the Titanic shipwreck site, killing everyone on board. (AP Photo/Lindsey Wasson)(Lindsey Wasson | AP)

Don't know if it's been pointed out here in this thread, or not, but OceanGate is based here in Everett, Washington. It's a mere two miles to the west of me, in fact. I just saw a notice that their office has closed down "indefinitely".

By FOX 12 Staff
Published: Jun. 23, 2023 at 12:29 PM PDT

EVERETT Wash. (KPTV) - The Pacific Northwest headquarters of OceanGate will be closed indefinitely after five people aboard its Titan submersible are presumed dead, including the company’s CEO.
The company’s offices, on the Everett waterfront, will be closed “while the staff copes with the tragic loss of their team member,” according to a statement released by the Port of Everett.
View attachment 435680
A sign stating there is no public access to the OceanGate offices is seen Thursday, June 22, 2023, in Everett, Wash. The U.S. Coast Guard said Thursday that the missing submersible Titan imploded near the Titanic shipwreck site, killing everyone on board. (AP Photo/Lindsey Wasson)(Lindsey Wasson | AP)

You ever consider being a sub captain in your retirement?

https://www.news.uscg.mil/Press-Rel...ard-recovers-evidence-from-titan-submersible/

WASHINGTON – The Coast Guard received debris and evidence recovered from the seafloor at the site of the TITAN submersible when the M/V HORIZON ARCTIC arrived in St. John’s Newfoundland, June 28, 2023.

After consultation with international partner investigative agencies, the Marine Board of Investigation (MBI) intends to transport the evidence aboard a U.S. Coast Guard cutter to a port in the United States where the MBI will be able to facilitate further analysis and testing.

United States medical professionals will conduct a formal analysis of presumed human remains that have been carefully recovered within the wreckage at the site of the incident.

Reactions: reddvltj