Trackbar to Diff Interference

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I just found my Core4x4 Trackbar is interfering with the stock diff cover on my TJ at 1in from full compression and I cannot adjust the control arms enough to keep it from interfering. If I had the time I would probably just get one of those double shear mounts and relocate it further forward but I have a sand dune trip coming up soon and don't have time to do that. Is there a thinner adjustable bar that would be good to use? I already drilled out the mounting hole on the frame side so I cannot use a tapered stud style anymore. I was looking at the JKS bar and it looks thinner and kicks out more where the diff cover is. Kind of sucks it only has a JJ on one side, unlike my Core4x4 with dual JJ but I want to get something soon. The way I see it is what ever I get will eventually transfer to my LJ project when I do the double sheer mount and put the Core TB back on the go-fast TJ so buying another bar is not exactly a waste of money, just some extra work. Any other suggestions?

IMG_8519.jpeg

I've been tolerating my Procomp adjustable track bar for too long, and the rod end is likely toast again. Due to this thread, I've finally pulled the trigger on a JKS HD track bar.

Rockjock bar is offset forward from the joint barrel and moves it farther from the diff.

Also, ok not convinced there's anything to be gained having JJs on both ends of a track bar. It isn't a straight bar so having both ends free to move just lets it flop around and knock against stuff, where having a clevite on one end lets you set and hold an orientation where it will miss things.

So I just found my Core4x4 Trackbar is interfering with the stock diff cover on my TJ at 1in from full compression and I cannot adjust the control arms enough to keep it from interfering. If I had the time I would probably just get one of those double shear mounts and relocate it further forward but I have a sand dune trip coming up soon and don't have time to do that. Is there a thinner adjustable bar that would be good to use? I already drilled out the mounting hole on the frame side so I cannot use a tapered stud style anymore. I was looking at the JKS bar and it looks thinner and kicks out more where the diff cover is. Kind of sucks it only has a JJ on one side, unlike my Core4x4 with dual JJ but I want to get something soon. The way I see it is what ever I get will eventually transfer to my LJ project when I do the double sheer mount and put the Core TB back on the go-fast TJ so buying another bar is not exactly a waste of money, just some extra work. Any other suggestions?

View attachment 511540

Can you post a picture from just a little bit further away

Reactions: Danarch
Rockjock bar is offset forward from the joint barrel and moves it farther from the diff.

Also, ok not convinced there's anything to be gained having JJs on both ends of a track bar. It isn't a straight bar so having both ends free to move just lets it flop around and knock against stuff, where having a clevite on one end lets you set and hold an orientation where it will miss things.

I am looking into the idea of purchasing on of those weld on JJ housings and welding a threaded stud that is 3/8” offset from the JJ center line. Would be a simple quick solution where I do not need to purchase a new bar yet. I do not think the JKS will work out since the frame and axle side were drilled out more than the what JKS calls out for. I might look into a RockJock bar.

Can you post a picture from just a little bit further away

I already started putting some stuff back together but this was before I really started messing with the control arm adjustment. Its the only other photo I have.

IMG_8303.jpeg

Do you have a track bar relocation bracket sometimes those are used to bring it up and back
His problem is at the front where trackbar relocation brackets that push the axle-end track bar mount toward the driver's-side are not used. There are dropped track bar mounts for for the front but they'd only make his problem worse.

His problem is at the front where trackbar relocation brackets that push the axle-end track bar mount toward the driver's-side are not used. There are dropped track bar mounts for for the front but they'd only make his problem worse.

Thanks, I was thinking in the back -

We have some guys locally raising and moving the front axle end mount forward for a flatter bar and less bumpsteer and better clearance-

Boy he is awful tight-

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks, I was thinking in the back -

We have some guys locally raising and moving the front axle end mount forward for a flatter bar and less bumpsteer and better clearance-

Boy he is awful tight-

Yup its front. No relocation brackets on either end. Im thinking of just making a custom rod end with one of those DOM tubing weldable JJ housings and welding a stud on it offset the centerline of the JJ. That should push it out enough away from the diff and I have plenty of clearance between the track bar and steering.

Yup its front. No relocation brackets on either end. Im thinking of just making a custom rod end with one of those DOM tubing weldable JJ housings and welding a stud on it offset the centerline of the JJ. That should push it out enough away from the diff and I have plenty of clearance between the track bar and steering.

I think you’re on the right track- hate you are fighting that man. Good you are watching things.

Solved that issue on mine with a Currie/Rock Jock trackbar replacing what might have been Rubicon Express. OEM 44 cover and RockHard HardHat.

Reactions: Rickyd
I have a currie so it fits much better on my rubi 44. I'm suggesting he add a bend near where it is contacting

He is going to have to do something.

Oddly Rough Country had a good bend ....and the worst bushings.