Utah Trade Rubicon for Non Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just keep it and wheel it. My '05 TJR hasn't seen any major rock trails, I just look at it like a swiss army knife, it has all of the capability I'll ever need. It nice to know it will and can go almost any where I ask it to.

Reactions: JMT
I just got rid of my Rubicon, clearance is more important than fairy dust.

PXL_20230718_125755132.jpg

Very likely this is an idiotic idea but there’s some thought behind this… and I’m still very much on the fence which is why I don’t have an official for sale ad. Wanted to gauge the waters first…

Took me a long time to find a clean (as rust free as possible) good shape Rubicon in the South West and that’s when I found my 03.

Clean title, 119k miles, 4.0L, auto transmission, 2.75” SL, 1” BL, 1” MML, DC rear drive line, ARB front bumper with Warn 8000 winch, rear steel bumper and tire carrier, recently gone through cooling system, recently added transmission temp gauge, new pan and ATF, and good knowledgeable PO that took care of the jeep.

What I’m considering is trading mine for a non rubicon model plus the difference in value in cash to me.

Reason being is that I have a hard time really off-roading this Rubicon because it’s in great shape and I don’t want anything to happen to it which really holds me back from trying new trails/obstacles.

The jeep to me is a secondary vehicle that is mainly for off-roading so I would be looking for a rust free or close to it, good shape, well maintained wrangler with a 4.0 and auto transmission.

Feel free to ask questions here or PM, happy to answer any questions. I apologize if this isn’t allowed and Chris, feel free to remove this and I can post an official for sale ad if I do decide to go that route

View attachment 442192

I got an X model but with a 5-speed.
tires005.jpg

Thank you but auto transmission is a have to have for me. If I didn’t plan on crawling it, I love a manual for around town and light off-roading

Edit: spelling

You can’t wheel a manual? 🤣

It’s a skill many do not possess. Manual was my must have.

I can attest to this. My first 6 years of driving was with 3 different manuals (2 trucks, 1 car). Then i had a lot of auto trucks after that. I thought I wanted a manual jeep and bought one a few years ago. I thought I was totally good to go since I could drive a manual on any road and light off-roading.

After one actual wheeling trip (think playing in the rocks), I had enough of a manual for off-road use. Not long after I sold it LOL

Still miss shifting gears when driving the jeep around town

Reactions: MikeE024 and JMT

I can attest to this. My first 6 years of driving was with 3 different manuals (2 trucks, 1 car). Then i had a lot of auto trucks after that. I thought I wanted a manual jeep and bought one a few years ago. I thought I was totally good to go since I could drive a manual on any road and light off-roading.

After one actual wheeling trip (think playing in the rocks), I had enough of a manual for off-road use. Not long after I sold it LOL

Still miss shifting gears when driving the jeep around town

Manual sucks off road, especially on the rocks. I had three Jeeps before this one that were are manual and I was done.

But yes, it is fun to shift around town.

I haven’t found the point of not yet. But ill keep trying.

That’s the ticket. It’s all what you want to drive.

An auto jeep was an anomaly until the TJ era, and we just had fun.

I think my knees (setting tile, a few accidents) swayed me more toward an auto in my mid 50’s.

Reactions: Rickyd and Alex01
LJ Rubicon and JK Rubicon each manual 6sp and love them. Yes I go wheeling. Youngest daughter has learned to drive them too.

Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.