I guess we're even then. I'm not a fan of day-glo, overly cluttered gauge faces that look like they fell out of some spaceship on it's way to Mars that don't match anything else on the TJ interior.

It actually matches my TJ. I have an automatic that has stock green light and the aftermarket stereo is green. Thinking about installing this by the hand brake. Nothing inside my Jeep came in chrome. Adding a chrome piece now would look weird.

Reactions: matkal
Reactions: JP13
I guess we're even then. I'm not a fan of day-glo, overly cluttered gauge faces that look like they fell out of some spaceship on it's way to Mars that don't match anything else on the TJ interior.

Damn it Blaine would you please quit holding back and just tell it like it is! On second thought don't. I can alway use a good morning laugh:D

Thanks for the recommendation. I noticed that's twice as expensive as similar remote coolers. Why is that cooler better than others? Trying to justify the price.
Priced high because they had to design it to be installed by joe blow. If you can fab, you could piece one together cheaper.
Why does this one mount at the tranny instead of in front of the radiator?
Size/space. A passive (no fan) cooler would normally be installed in front of the radiator. They're pros and cons to both.

Another question, what is the best way to tap into the tranny temp for those with manuals?
Automatics run very hot with friction clutches and the torque converter, manuals don't really run hot so they rarely have temperature gauges. You could drill and tap the case if you knew where it was safe to do but I don't think there is a need.

Reactions: Apparition
Automatics run very hot with friction clutches and the torque converter, manuals don't really run hot so they rarely have temperature gauges. You could drill and tap the case if you knew where it was safe to do but I don't think there is a need.

true, It would be interesting to see the temp diff when out crawling. Could you tap into one of the cooler lines?

Purchased this one. Is there a bung made for this that you can buy to weld in? If not what are you doing at the trans pan?
Weld is relative. I do use weld bungs from various sources. The sender thread is 1/8" NPT so you are looking for a flanged bung in that thread. I buy them in bulk so I'm not sure of a value for a single. But, if you like, I can send one out for postage and the price on the website which is what I paid.

http://www.bungking.com/stepped-npt-bungs/

Or if you have a spare pan and want me to silver braze it in, I can do that. Costs 20 bucks plus shipping and that includes the bung. (provided the pan is clean) I charge 148 dollars to clean it.

Looking for recommendations for transmission cooler + temp gauge.
Thanks.

2005 LJ 4.0 Automatic

I have this cooler in my Jeep and no problems so far.

https://www.pscmotorsports.com/engine-specific-products/jeep/psc-mbc100.html
I like the below gauge from autometer - it's backlit green but not overly bright.

Autometer factory match 2-1/6 gauge 8457

IMG_20200130_200053.jpg