Status
Not open for further replies.
A mind, very much like a parachute, works best when open.
My mind, like a parachute, was designed to work properly and was probably sketched out. Maybe you should show some blueprint examples of the things you talk about.

My mind, like a parachute, was designed to work properly and was probably sketched out. Maybe you should show some blueprint examples of the things you talk about.
Someone forgot to draw you a picture of how to pull the fucking rip cord.

Someone forgot to draw you a picture of how to pull the fucking rip cord.
I made a video but it won’t let me post it so whatever
F1A21F2B-AD1A-4BE3-AAD8-DDE3D6662E35.jpeg

Again like I said the leak is coming from the rubber seal on the bottom.
The left and right sides of the frame, The right side is definitely more out than the left side but I don’t think fixing that will do much
B248C135-81A0-4C51-B78E-C2D9C867D44A.jpeg
51C8F861-DDE2-4044-A668-38D0A4C42BE5.jpeg
5C43A49A-8759-41F9-BAA5-139FA6728A1F.jpeg

I cant wait for water to pour in from your wonderful suggestion

Last edited:
You should look around a bit. If I decide to try and help someone solve a problem, it is because I know exactly what is going on and how to help you learn the same. I will do that up to the point where willful ignorance gets too prevalent at which point I tend to just walk away.

Reactions: reddvltj
You should look around a bit. If I decide to try and help someone solve a problem, it is because I know exactly what is going on and how to help you learn the same. I will do that up to the point where willful ignorance gets too prevalent at which point I tend to just walk away.
You’re more then welcome to come help me fix it. Or have someone else write your long paragraphs so theyre easyer to understand. My last pictures are strong evidence you are ignoring

Based on your last picture, it looks like your tailgate is sagging and the window (bottom) seal may be missing some material.
Sagging...like it needs to be tightened? The window doesnt look like it’s missing material. My guess is that is what the rubber on the trunk door is for

Sagging...like it needs to be tightened? The window doesnt look like it’s missing material. My guess is that is what the rubber on the trunk door is for

No, like it's misadjusted. Re-read what Blaine wrote...

BTW, I have a late hardtop (no vents) on my '97 and I haven't broke the rear window, nor does it leak around the rear liftgate/tailgate area. It requires about 10% more effort to close the door when the windows are all rolled up.

Reactions: reddvltj
No, you should not need anything attached to the top of the tailgate. Listen to Mr.Blaine.
I didnt put it there. It was there when I bought the jeep for the 100th time. And not that it’s gone, I’m gonna have water pouring into my car.

I didnt put it there. It was there when I bought the jeep for the 100th time. And not that it’s gone, I’m gonna have water pouring into my car.

Then take it off and make it like it should be, then re-evaluate.

You should have a seal running all the way across the bottom of the lift gate...from your pictures, it looks like it isn't really there over the tailgate.

You needed to remove it so the problem can be addressed and fixed properly.
I'm sure it was added because someone thought it might be a cheap/easy solution.

Reactions: oldjeepman
You needed to remove it so the problem can be addressed and fixed properly.
I'm sure it was added because someone thought it might be a cheap/easy solution.
I undid the screws to the hard top and I can’t get it more flush to the body on that right side. Maybe it’s the hard top is just too heavy ?

View attachment 128352
Again like I said the leak is coming from the rubber seal on the bottom.
The left and right sides of the frame, The right side is definitely more out than the left side but I don’t think fixing that will do much
View attachment 128353View attachment 128355View attachment 128356

I cant wait for water to pour in from your wonderful suggestion
The liftgate lower trim and seal needs to be replaced. I would give you some links to the parts needed and an explanation of what is involved to replace it but my crayon keyboard is in the shop getting refilled.

That and you need to adjust the tail gate. It is low on the left side and will allow water to get in when the lip doesn't contact the seal. (I typed that really slow in hopes that you can understand it)

Then take it off and make it like it should be, then re-evaluate.

You should have a seal running all the way across the bottom of the lift gate...from your pictures, it looks like it isn't really there over the tailgate.
It looks that way because that is the problem.

I undid the screws to the hard top and I can’t get it more flush to the body on that right side. Maybe it’s the hard top is just too heavy ?
What part of the top are you trying to push in? I don't see any issues in your pictures. Unless you have an uneven gap around your rear window, meaning the sides of the top are pushed out.
Also, how thick is the weather seal on the bottom of the hard top? Maybe you're sitting a little too high. Although, it doesn't really look like it is.

Not if you fix the lift gate seal.
Turns out I figured out a reason for the prob. I need to get a really tight bolt to hold the door latch in place so that the door can fit more flush to its closed position. As for the GATE door rubber seal, there is a tiny tiny hole on the bottom which is where the leak is most wet. Just gotta super glue some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.