Tummy tuck What transfer case skid do you use

Unless they had a stock jeep you should assume they had sye,etc as a normal part of a lifted jeep

Got it. The reason I was wondering was keeping in mind that most people do lift them with the suspension lift and given my plan for this particular one is never to lift it other than the body lift and motor mount lift, since we are out where there are no rocks in existence, just snow, was thinking maybe there was a way around the sye and drive shaft mods. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Rickyd
Got it. The reason I was wondering about these things that most people do seem to lift them with the suspension lift and my plan for this particular one is never to lift it other than the body lift and motor mount lift, since we are out where there are no rocks in existence, just snow, so was thinking, maybe there was a way around the sye and drive shaft mods. Thanks for your input.
UCF makes a Lo-Pro mount that helps with the driveline angles. It does cause vibes at low idle rpm’s, but that’s a tradeoff for the clearance.

If you measure how low the stock TCase skid is below the frame and then subtract the 1.25” you will know how much lift your TCase will be seeing. Again, 3” is too much. 2-2.5 is usually where vibes start. 🍻

Reactions: Musician235
Never checked, never experienced a problem. I have considered buying a DC rear driveshaft but I believe the adjustment needed will create shock interference and I dont want to deal with that.

What you describe has the driveshaft being close to vibrations at ride height. Full shock extension could quickly and easily bring it into bind.

The quick check is as easy as hanging the axle by the shocks and spinning a tire to see if the parasitic draw through the differential will turn the driveshaft.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking along the lines of what you said , but in post 39 someone did this and “Only modification I needed to do was the exhaust system.”

That’s said, someone at UCF responded to my inquiry today and thinks I’ll “be fine with the ultra high clearance. Shouldn’t have any trouble with the driveshaft as long as you don’t do much suspension lift later on.”

Edit: Perhaps I should assume the parts may all bolt up and clear without the sye, dc, and control arms, but will wear out other parts, after some moderate use due to the angles being too far off ?

Sorry, I'm just see this now. I assumed that SYE and adjustable CAs were already there. All of the other advice you have received here covers it. I have an LS and 1 ton swapped rig now with a different skid so any advice I can give is from past experience.

What you describe has the driveshaft being close to vibrations at ride height. Full shock extension could quickly and easily bring it into bind.

The quick check is as easy as hanging the axle by the shocks and spinning a tire to see if the parasitic draw through the differential will turn the driveshaft.

I can do that.

Reactions: JMT and jjvw