Tweezer's 2004 LJ

I think you are right. It definitely could be just air bubbles from painting. I think I will just paint and forget about it.

Reactions: taylormade73
In advance of starting the lift and other work in a couple of weekends, I painted the Rancho shocks and stabilizer today. Quick scuff, mineral spirits wipe down, primer, and paint. Turned out pretty nicely. I like the flat black on them.

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

The last few weeks have been chill. Really looking forward to @taylormade73 coming down this weekend to help with the Savvy lift and other gear. I have been spraying the hell out of the nuts and bolts with Kroil nearly every day for the last 3 weeks. Hopefully that makes removal of the old that much easier. I will be sure to grab some pictures as we get going. Can't thank Jason enough. I am stoked to get going!

The last few weeks have been chill. Really looking forward to @taylormade73 coming down this weekend to help with the Savvy lift and other gear. I have been spraying the hell out of the nuts and bolts with Kroil nearly every day for the last 3 weeks. Hopefully that makes removal of the old that much easier. I will be sure to grab some pictures as we get going. Can't thank Jason enough. I am stoked to get going!

Looking forward to it. Been able to get some of that Kroil on the rear upper shock bolts?

Looking forward to it. Been able to get some of that Kroil on the rear upper shock bolts?

Yessir. The straw attachment works great. I have sprayed so much of it everything is still wet the next day and I am starting to not mind the smell. :ROFLMAO: Also nearly certain the shocks were replaced not long ago.

I am about to do the same exact thing!!! What stands are those?

I m unsure. They are just some metal saw horse type stands I got from my father-in-law. After I did mine, I saw some folks will run a board or line across the saw horses and hang the shocks from that, which in retrospect would have been the way to go.

Reactions: mastergunnera8
Alright, ready to go in the AM. Savvy 4" lift kit w/ front and rear trackbars, Rancho shocks and stabilizer, Currie bump stop kits, RockJock BL, JKS MML, Savvy cable shifter, and Currectlync steering. I left the Swayloc boxed up. It looks pretty complex. Lol. I also grabbed some extended brake lines and bushings for the front upper CA should we need them. The RockJock BL is pricey, but it looks/feels really nice.

IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

i really did wanna make it down there and meet you guys and lend a hand, but it rained all wk up here and i'm way behind on the trailer (i should be shooting paint today). then my womans Kia developed a real nasty cluck earlier this wk and i got 1 day to fix that b4 we get rain for the next 4dys again.

i hate that i opened my mouth and now have to back out and i'd rather work on a jeep than a Kia, but i can't leave her with a POS that might strand her.
12 yrs old and not a sign of anything until this last wk. the exhaust broke apart (fixed that in the rain last wkend) and now this bad clunking on every bump. time to trade it in soon, i think.

i really did wanna make it down there and meet you guys and lend a hand, but it rained all wk up here and i'm way behind on the trailer (i should be shooting paint today). then my womans Kia developed a real nasty cluck earlier this wk and i got 1 day to fix that b4 we get rain for the next 4dys again.

i hate that i opened my mouth and now have to back out and i'd rather work on a jeep than a Kia, but i can't leave her with a POS that might strand her.
12 yrs old and not a sign of anything until this last wk. the exhaust broke apart (fixed that in the rain last wkend) and now this bad clunking on every bump. time to trade it in soon, i think.

No worries at all! Hopefully you can get her Kia fixed up!

Reactions: Wildman

No worries. We should have it. Heading out now.

48559AC7-54F9-45E1-AA11-CDF6859EDE28.jpeg

F8327722-9C19-4C5C-A8BE-971513738266.jpeg

• Haha
Super fun productive day. Rear is nearly complete. Just need to tap the shock spring perches and install the bump stops and springs. The rear trackbar relocation bracket was a bit of a bear and we needed to trim the spring perches to clear the shocks. We also had to cut away some of tailpipe to clear the shock. I will hit a muffler shop and have it routed around the trackbar and shock. The Savvy CAs are killer. We will jump on the front tomorrow once the rear is wrapped. Jason is the man. Can't thank him enough. I learned a ton today.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, day two. Another super productive, fun, learning adventure of a day. It was especially humid today. We both sweated our asses off. Lol. We finished the rear just after 1pm and jumped on the front. I plan to install a sye and new rear DS, but the DS connected after the lift pretty easily, so it’ll be interesting to see if there are vibes.

On to the front. We swapped out the CAs, removed the shocks, springs, and track bar, and Jason pulled the stock steering as well. We installed extended front brake lines and have the new trackbar and springs in place. I am going to give working on what remains after work this week a shot. Jason left his tools and is gonna come down next weekend to wrap it all up. We will have installed the Savvy 4” lift with front and rear trackbars, extended rear sway links, CA’s, Rancho front/rear shocks and stabilizer, Currie bump stop kits, and Currectlync steering. I am beyond stoked.

I bought the RockJock 1” BL and JKS MML but I don’t know if I am going to install them just yet. I gained 5” at a minimum in the rear and I think it’ll be similar in the front. I am going to see where it lands after getting 35s. I bought a Savvy cable shifter, but Jason let me know that the Jeep already has a cable shifter. Weird, but okay. Anyone need a Savvy cable shifter? Lol. The radiator is also new, though not Mopar.

I feel like such a more informed Jeep owner after this weekend. Jason answered question after question and let me learn as I figured shit out. So grateful. I also have to give kudos to my wife who ran to HD twice for us today, and picked up lunch. She rocks.

IMG_1465.jpeg

IMG_1468.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg