Type of air hose for Rubicon lockers?

JEEPCJTJ

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
I searched a couple different times and places but haven't found much more than vacuum hose being mentioned and nothing about whether that is good enough or how long it would/could/should last.

I'm also not sure if vacuum hose and windshield washer hose is the same hose.

Now I'm wondering how much pressure the windshield washer pump pumps, maybe more than the 5psi from the rubicon compressors so windshield washer hose may be OK?

FWIW, I did find 3/16 fuel line but that stuff is just over $4 per foot and I need to start with about 4+ ft to get to my front axle and probably someday another 10 ft to replace what runs to the rear axle and $50+ for hoses seems crazy if not needed.

Also is the little white "T" cap on the air intake hose really good enough or should there be an air filter of some sort? I know it's not sucking a lot of CFM through several feet of hose but it is an intake not a vent like the other hoses attached to the axles.

Being it is only 5psi and external to the diff. I do t think there would be a need for anything special. What ever you can find cheap enough. Heavy Vacuum line should work fine.

Reactions: Irun