Ultimate camping and towing rig

Thoughts on the F450 for the tighter turning radius?

Why I recommend the F550.

But if you don’t want the C&C,

Do a F450 or Ram 3500, ram runs a near wide track axle that turns as well as the F450.

Easier to get your hands on too.

Just gotta watch the payload. And why I’d go to a F550. You can’t/won’t run out of payload.

Thoughts on the F450 for the tighter turning radius?
Don't know much about the F450 except that I wouldn't want to go any wider or be any heavier than the F350. My dad and I just finished a trip out west where we picked up his new Tremor from Iowa then drove to Colorado, did Medano Pass, Stony Pass, Ophir and Imogene, then Rimrocker to Moab and did Chicken Corners. There were a handful of turns where we had to three point it but nothing excessive... it actually turned surprising well, even in 4Lo. The diesel also did better than I thought it would in the sand. Crazy power... it just wanted to stay around 1600 rpm for max torque, even for hill climbs.

Reactions: Apparition
I’m thinking of getting a ram 5500 to haul our Arctic Fox truck camper and tow the Jeep on the trailer. The only drawback I’ve found so far is how rough the ride will be without the camper on the truck

Don't know much about the F450 except that I wouldn't want to go any wider or be any heavier than the F350. My dad and I just finished a trip out west where we picked up his new Tremor from Iowa then drove to Colorado, did Medano Pass, Stony Pass, Ophir and Imogene, then Rimrocker to Moab and did Chicken Corners. There were a handful of turns where we had to three point it but nothing excessive... it actually turned surprising well, even in 4Lo. The diesel also did better than I thought it would in the sand. Crazy power... it just wanted to stay around 1600 rpm for max torque, even for hill climbs.
Granger Ford?

He’s been selling the hell out of them on the Tremor forums. Did you guys post up pics? I feel like I saw them over there. Welcome to the Tremor club.

3AC4B717-4734-4953-9D38-7074108A11C8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: rasband
Does the Tremor have all of the driver aids? The more I've been thinking about it, I wouldn't mind them for long trips. Seems like it'd be less fatiguing with cameras and automatic cruise control and automatic stopping for stopped cars in front.

Why I recommend the F550.

But if you don’t want the C&C,

Do a F450 or Ram 3500, ram runs a near wide track axle that turns as well as the F450.

Easier to get your hands on too.

Just gotta watch the payload. And why I’d go to a F550. You can’t/won’t run out of payload.

Does the Ram 3500 have similar capacity as the F450?

Does the Tremor have all of the driver aids? The more I've been thinking about it, I wouldn't mind them for long trips. Seems like it'd be less fatiguing with cameras and automatic cruise control and automatic stopping for stopped cars in front.
Yes, even auto wipers and headlights. Adaptive cruise is great for long drives. Basically hold the wheel and use your turn signal for lane changes.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Dually isn't much of a concern for me. 95% of the driving will have the just as wide camper and/or trailer. The remaining 5% will be yard work type stuff around home (there's plenty of parking around here).

Yes, even auto wipers and headlights. Adaptive cruise is great for long drives. Basically hold the wheel and use your turn signal for lane changes.

Nice. I'd never pay for that on a DD but across country I think it'll be well worth the price.. Do I understand correctly that it'll actually come to a complete stop if the car in front does too? With a trailer attached too?

I need to stop in at a dealer soon and test drive them.

Nice. I'd never pay for that on a DD but across country I think it'll be well worth the price.. Do I understand correctly that it'll actually come to a complete stop if the car in front does too? With a trailer attached too?

I need to stop in at a dealer soon and test drive them.
It will try to. Just have to remember you are a lot of weight and may not stop as fast as a car in front of you can. Following distance is adjustable, I keep mine short longer would be safer.

Also depends on package. A platinum includes most of it. A lariat has different options. Over 30% of my build was throwing in options.

I got a good deal at Hudson Ford in Wisconsin, that’s closer for you.

Reactions: toximus
It will try to. Just have to remember you are a lot of weight and may not stop as fast as a car in front of you can. Following distance is adjustable, I keep mine short longer would be safer.

Also depends on package. A platinum includes most of it. A lariat has different options. Over 30% of my build was throwing in options.

I got a good deal at Hudson Ford in Wisconsin, that’s closer for you.

Shoot me the details when you have a chance. We also have a dealership in Appleton that carries nearly all makes so I've thought about going down there to compare Ford and Ram.

Right now I'm thinking of staying away from true commercial trucks like the F550.

Shoot me the details when you have a chance. We also have a dealership in Appleton that carries nearly all makes so I've thought about going down there to compared Ford and Ram.

Right now I'm thinking of staying away from true commercial trucks like the F550.
If you’re ever down in the cities we could meet up and I can show you mine and walk you through the features. An F350 on 35’s with limited slip and locker like mine that can tow 22K is a very capable vehicle.

I think 2023 is going to be a redesign.

Reactions: toximus
He’s been selling the hell out of them on the Tremor forums. Did you guys post up pics? I feel like I saw them over there. Welcome to the Tremor club.

View attachment 280861
He posted up one pic on Tremor forum during our trip from the top of Stony Pass. We still need to go through all our pics from the trip then I think he'll do a longer post.

They have the best pricing on Fords?
Granger has some of the best pricing nationwide on Tremors and Broncos.

Adaptive cruise was awesome for the trip home. We averaged 20.0 mpg with the 6.7 diesel during the 2200 miles from UT to FL.

Not sure if the collision assist will actually apply the brakes... we didn't want to test it. The adaptive cruise definitely does apply the brakes, like if someone pulls right in front of you, but if there was a sudden stop situation we'd manually apply rather than rely on the cruise to slow us down. Cameras were awesome. Was very nice to be able to see the gear in the bed while driving down the interstate, aerial view while parking, and best of all was the front camera while offroading and cresting a steep hill or turning a sharp corner.

Reactions: TJ Starting