Unanswered SKIM problem

Lugnuts

Searched the threads and I didn’t see this question asked. I’ve had the TJ for 3 years and a prior owner had removed the SKIM sensor. No problems starting and running in 3 years until recently when the engine would stall after a couple of seconds running and I got the P1686 code. I sent the PCM off to get the SKIM deleted and that solved the problem. Yay. Fortunately this happened in my garage so I didn’t get strande.

Question is why the P1686 now after 3 years? the SKIM module is not even present.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
@Lugnuts Sometimes a skim code will run in the background and not cause the check engine light to come on. Is the jeep starting and running? If so, chances are (Johnny Mathis!) the code has been present all along. Happy thanksgiving to all! 🦃🍁

Reactions: tr21triton
@Lugnuts Sometimes a skim code will run in the background and not cause the check engine light to come on. Is the jeep starting and running? If so, chances are (Johnny Mathis!) the code has been present all along. Happy thanksgiving to all! 🦃🍁

Thank you. The check engine light was never on and I never went looking for any codes since everything was running smooth. It is possible that the code was there all along. The stalling problem just began out of the blue and that’s when I noticed the 1686 code. Maybe the pcm reset itself? IDK.