California UTC run, January 16th

nice to meet you too there are definitely more runs to be made, sounds like some interest in the Rubicon and Fordyce for multi day and I would like to do Slick Rock again
I'm game for all of those. We should definitely run Fordyce once they lower the river for sierra trek. We can get @Plumber1 and @Daryl to show us the lines.

I’m definitely up for more rubicon, maybe fordyce as well if the experienced guys think my rig’s ready for it.

I’ll have my air up/down gear together by then.

Reactions: Alex01
Ya here’s 925-413-3013 the only problem is I think they went to cnc aluminum so I don’t know if those will bend
These will work SKU: RJ-202007-103

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/rj-202007-103
Alternatively, we could use the kit you have now and just cut the lower mounts off when you outboard (unless they cycle just fine in the location I used with my outboard)/ deal with the new links then.

How’d you do getting that top on that evening?
So not bad but not great, got there, hardtop looked pretty good for its age but they help me pull off the frameless top and help put on the first part, then found out the added roll cage on my Jeep was in the way of the latches so we barrow there sawzall and there neighbors metal blade and cut my cage out. Good news I found out that the add roll cage was made out of 16guage pipe. Once we removed that part of the cage it was smooth calm sailing

So not bad but not great, got there, hardtop looked pretty good for its age but they help me pull off the frameless top and help put on the first part, then found out the added roll cage on my Jeep was in the way of the latches so we barrow there sawzall and there neighbors metal blade and cut my cage out. Good news I found out that the add roll cage was made out of 16guage pipe. Once we removed that part of the cage it was smooth calm sailing
Glad to hear you got’r done without too much trouble.

But 16 gage roll bar tubing, WTH! They might as well used cardboard toilet paper tube. 🤣

So now how much of the roll bar do you have to fix?

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Indy
My jeep will definitely be ready by august. I just need to work on driver mod:)

they doing sign-ups already?
I don't see sign-ups yet but those are the days on the calander. If everything goes right we will be going up Thursday morning and setting up camp and doing the trail Friday morning. The times we did it the past we spent the night before in a hotel 🥱 in Truckee. The drive from Meadow Lake to the trailhead is a little over 2 hours, and stages starts at 5:30 so you are leaving at 3:30am to get there at 5:30am. Staying in Truckee means leaving at a little before 5:00am to get there by 5:30, and that extra 1-1/2 hours of sleep in nice and not speeding that extra 1-1/2 hrs in a jeep with no top and 1/2 doors is a bit chilly at 3:30 in morning 🥶

Anyone that would like to camp with trailers or tents is welcome to hook up with us. These are pictures for our last trip pre-covid

IMG_4695.jpg

camp2.jpg

camp1.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg