Verdict On Heat Soak

dsharp6855

Supporting Member
I'm looking at a low mileage 04 Rubicon. Just wondering how much of an issue the heat soak thing is? I've read the TSB and Jerry's thread on it. Does the fix work? I've read where some didn't have much luck with the fix. Is there a definitive solution here in 2020? Please advise.

It exists, it is a minor issue when the Jeep is in good repair, and everything that was recommended in the past is still the same. Don't let it stop you from buying a TJ.

Reactions: dsharp6855
Yeah it's a really nice TJ. I'm coming from a 98 so not too familiar with this until I started reading up on it today. Just want to make sure it isn't a major issue. I knew I could find my answer here! Thanks.

Like everyone said don't let that hold u back. I had an issue with it on my 2001. The DEI injector and fuel rail insulator kit took care of it.

Strangely enough, I've had the insulator on #3 for the past 3 years and just now started getting a hot start hiccup every now and again. Is there a more complete solution than insulating to reduce heat, which honestly is perplexing how that works.

The only time I have trouble is when I turn off the engine wheeling. I usually let it idle when I stop on the trail or or turn it off and open the hood. Next week I plan on having the engine out and will make sure the heat shields are in place.