Very little heat from new heater core

Is there any preventative maintenance I could do to prolong the life of my existing heater core? Mine works awesome, it provides the quickest heat of any vehicle we’ve owned. I don’t want to go backwards if / when the time comes to replace the heater core

I replaced my heater core last year and the heat has never been the same I am going to try some of these suggestions but I hope I do not have to replace the heater core again.

My situation is the heat will kinda work at 1 or 2 but anything more than that will start being cold. It also takes a long time to be warm as well. Like the engine temp is good but I need to wait like 10 mins past when it arrives at 200-210ish. Would y'all say it is the heater core is bad?
Something is going on here?who makes a core that actually works the first time,I wished I would have bought a mopar back when available

Reactions: Matt14
Has anyone figured this out?

I replaced my heater core and little to no heat.

• I can hear all the doors moving.
  • I checked the that the temperature control door works.
  • Both hoses are getting hot.
  • I pinched the lines and ran water through it. The water flows normally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

I heard of people saying there are these white plastic things in the tubes of new cores and if you don't remove them you'll have barely any heat. What brand heater core did you buy, are both hoses really hot or just warm? Did you also replace the thermostat?

I heard of people saying there are these white plastic things in the tubes of new cores and if you don't remove them you'll have barely any heat. What brand heater core did you buy, are both hoses really hot or just warm? Did you also replace the thermostat?
i dont think you can remove them without cutting the core in half.

Yep,someone said the performance radiator cores didn’t have them.but my experience with their stuff is pretty trashy
go to post #36 on here, click the link to the link to the other post and look at post #28. that will tell the whole story ! i know if i ever need one there's is the one im using, unless i can find someone to rebuild my original !

go to post #36 on here, click the link to the link to the other post and look at post #28. that will tell the whole story ! i know if i ever need one there's is the one im using, unless i can find someone to rebuild my original !
I wonder if you could look into one with a camera without disassembling it?I won’t do the job twice

I wonder if you could look into one with a camera without disassembling it?I won’t do the job twice
i was wondering the same thing ! maybe someone who has one laying around will let us know. it would be nice to look before installing one with the plastic diffusers in it.