Vibration at 50 mph

holt6644

Im sorry if there is an answer in here because I know there are a ton of these issues with Jeeps, but mine is pretty specific.

So my Jeep shakes in the steering wheel between 50 and 55. It does not shake before or after that, and I am able to manage it for the most part. Only a couple times has it gotten so bad i had to pull over.
The weird thing is it did NOT shake at all all winter. Now I'm from Ohio so it stays pretty cold all winter, and there was no shaking at all.
Now that the weather has warmed up, I've noticed the shake is back and it seems to stay consistently as long as the weather is decently nice.

I assume this is a rubber bushing issue, and maybe when the weather is warmer it loosens that part up.
But i also dont know anything about the actual workings of the vehicle.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please reach out.

Sorry again if this has been addressed, thank you!

Im sorry if there is an answer in here because I know there are a ton of these issues with Jeeps, but mine is pretty specific.

So my Jeep shakes in the steering wheel between 50 and 55. It does not shake before or after that, and I am able to manage it for the most part. Only a couple times has it gotten so bad i had to pull over.
The weird thing is it did NOT shake at all all winter. Now I'm from Ohio so it stays pretty cold all winter, and there was no shaking at all.
Now that the weather has warmed up, I've noticed the shake is back and it seems to stay consistently as long as the weather is decently nice.

I assume this is a rubber bushing issue, and maybe when the weather is warmer it loosens that part up.

Welcome

Your tire pressure has changed also, but I would start with a balance and rotate.

Echo the tire thing. I'm from Ohio also, but hot or cold, still shook at about 55. Tire balance fixed it. Running BFG 10.5 x 31 at about 26 lbs.

I started to have what seemed like the beginnings of DW. Irregular road surface would kick off vibrations that sometimes grew larger but would stop when slowing down slightly. I had the tires (KO2s with about 30k miles time in service) rebalanced and that helped a bit, but the problem grew. For reference, all joints, rod ends, bearings, U-joints are nearly brand new. Finally a couple of days ago I threw in the towel and bought a new set of BFG KO2s. The vibes are completely gone now.

I Agee with tires, get them balanced, and test would be putting front to back at home and see if anything changes.

Since you said you didn’t know the working, I would do a dry steering test. Sitting flat and running, have someone turn the wheel back and forth quickly and loo at all connections in steering and track bar for loose connections. Learn what they all are, while you’re checking this.