Washington Washington members that live to wheel

And when is this shakedown run at Reiter that you speak of?

Unknown at this point. Once I have 100-200 miles on the Jeep on local roads I'll post up a few weekends for choices to see if we can get a fair group together. I know some have been chomping at the bit & waiting to see me try out this build.

Tried starting mine yesterday after not firing it up for over two months. It runs but dies immediately if I let off the throttle. Will play with it more today after work. Thinking it must be some sensor in the fuel system not working correctly? Never had a problem before...

Tried starting mine yesterday after not firing it up for over two months. It runs but dies immediately if I let off the throttle. Will play with it more today after work. Thinking it must be some sensor in the fuel system not working correctly? Never had a problem before...

Check your IAC valve as it's a main part of your throttle.

Reactions: reddvltj
Ok, this has never happened before, but, my battery was dead and wouldn't start the jeep. I tried jumping with my F250, and that's when I discovered it would not stay running unless I added throttle.
Battery is on my NOCO genius charger right now. Kind of wondering if there is a relationship between the two issues?

Yes could very much be part of the problem if not the cause of it all together. Have you had the battery tested to verify that it doesn't have any bad cells?

If you can it would be worth having tested. Would SUCK to be stranded on the side of the road or trail due to a bad battery.

I agree completely, especially due to the simplicity of fixing that. Now I'm hoping it is just the battery. Its the battery that was in it what I bought the jeep in 2018. If it's done, I cant complain.

I agree completely, especially due to the simplicity of fixing that. Now I'm hoping it is just the battery. Its the battery that was in it what I bought the jeep in 2018. If it's done, I cant complain.

Check the terminals clamps too. If you try to jump it and it has trouble starting it could be poor connection of the clamps. This just happened to my son. We thought it might be the fuel pump, but in the end all it was was a bad terminal clamp. Replaced it and good to go.

Check the terminals clamps too. If you try to jump it and it has trouble starting it could be poor connection of the clamps. This just happened to my son. We thought it might be the fuel pump, but in the end all it was was a bad terminal clamp. Replaced it and good to go.

I'm pretty "fussy" about the jeep always being maintained, as I don't want to get out deep somewhere and have a failure because I was too lazy to do some maintenance item, So the battery terminals are in great shape, but I will check to be sure...What bothered me was the lack of trying to idle. That's never happened before. I'm hoping Wildman is right and my extremely low battery voltage had something to do with it...I do have another complete 4.0 with all accessories, so if I need to steal an item...

I'm pretty "fussy" about the jeep always being maintained, as I don't want to get out deep somewhere and have a failure because I was too lazy to do some maintenance item, So the battery terminals are in great shape, but I will check to be sure...What bothered me was the lack of trying to idle. That's never happened before. I'm hoping Wildman is right and my extremely low battery voltage had something to do with it...I do have another complete 4.0 with all accessories, so if I need to steal an item...

Ima step outta line here and just say, if the jeep does not want to cooperate, I'm heading to Elbe to watch the KOE. That's only 30 minutes away from my house.

I'll be there with my buddy who introduced me to Jeeps 45 years ago. So look for two old guys in a TJ! I also know Walker very well, but only the single track, so that probably won't help. :)

Ok, great! I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't even going to bring the Jeep if nobody was going! I'll DM you my phone number so we have some comms on Sunday morning if somethign goes wrong. Also, all I have is GMRS for comms on trail.

Reactions: reddvltj