Washington newbie here!

tombicon

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello All.
Long time lurker-new member!
I've bought this 2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon in October 2018. She had 57,000 miles on the clock when I bought her. 16K cost.
I must say, I've wanted a jeep for much of my adult life, but life itself got in the way. (Kids, house, starting a business...,then after school sports, cub scouts, bows and arrows, it just never stopped)
However, kids all grown and moved on...
The very first REAL statement I must say is, "Thank you to all who post in this forum". I feel I bought my first TJ very well, after reading for months what to look for and what to avoid. I rejected several wet-rusty framed junk here in WA.
I owe that all to you!
Once I decided I was going to buy a jeep, I already had a build plan in mind. However, this happened: I followed along the Wrangler TJ forum, where everything recommended part wise seems "gold plated".
You all know what I'm talking about. It took me two tears to gather parts and funds, then...Wait for it...
I reached out to a famous forum member who agreed to take my heap on and install a shit ton of parts.
So, as of today, my heap has been gone for almost three months while I waited patiently.
Tomorrow my jeep gets loaded up and heads back to WA. It should be here Wednesday, then let the real fun begin!!!
Mike
20210223_151035_resized.jpg
20210223_151059_resized.jpg
20210223_151059_resized.jpg
20210223_151154_resized.jpg

Welcome. Nice. I see a Savvy mid arm, sway lock, outboarded rear shocks with an AR. I smell a Blaine build. I'm surprised he let you keep those fender flares.

Reactions: Irun
Welcome. Nice. I see a Savvy mid arm, sway lock, outboarded rear shocks with an AR. I smell a Blaine build. I'm surprised he let you keep those fender flares.
Trust me, there is a pile of parts I put my foot down on. I don't give a shit about flares one way or another with the single exception of removing them so I don't keep smacking my head on them.

Reactions: taylormade73
I'm too broke now for armor, after all this, lol!
The fenders will go sooner or later, depends on how bad I kill them in the next few weeks
Yes, Blaine has my jeep. It's coming home tomorrow!

:D I didn't have to look any further than the Savvy bumper and SwayLoc combination to know that it had Blaine's fingerprints on it!

Reactions: taylormade73
Trust me, there is a pile of parts I put my foot down on. I don't give a shit about flares one way or another with the single exception of removing them so I don't keep smacking my head on them.
I don't see a front hub kit so it must be vibe free or very close to it. How often are vibes an issue on your builds where you have to install a hub kit?

Last edited:
I'm too broke now for armor, after all this, lol!
The fenders will go sooner or later, depends on how bad I kill them in the next few weeks
Yes, Blaine has my jeep. It's coming home tomorrow!
If I lived on the West Coast I'm confident at least one of my Jeeps would be there. And, that I'd have to be explaining to the misses why I needed new springs, a mid-arm conversion, shock out-boarding, and new tuned Fox shocks. I already know the look I'd get! :cautious:

If I lived on the West Coast I'm confident at least one of my Jeeps would be there. And, that I'd have to be explaining to the misses why I needed new springs, a mid-arm conversion, shock out-boarding, and new tuned Fox shocks. I already know the look I'd get! :cautious:
If my wife every, truly knew what I just spent...
I wouldn't even be in the dog house, probably UNDER it!

I don't see a front hub kit so it must be vibe free or very close to it. How often are vibes an issue on your builds where you have to install a hub kit?
It has very slight vibes that come on just under 70. They are not evident until then. We did some tuning with no change in onset speed or severity which points to the oscillating harmonic that will only be solved with a hub kit should the desire to go faster arise.

50/50

It has very slight vibes that come on just under 70. They are not evident until then. We did some tuning with no change in onset speed or severity which points to the oscillating harmonic that will only be solved with a hub kit should the desire to go faster arise.

50/50
As I told Blaine, I do and will drive this on road, but I put a shit-ton of cash in it to go off-road, so unless something catastrophic occurs, it probably wont matter to me.
Famous last words...

As I told Blaine, I do and will drive this on road, but I put a shit-ton of cash in it to go off-road, so unless something catastrophic occurs, it probably wont matter to me.
Famous last words...
Build it right, or don't bother at all. You certainly took it to the Jeep Whisperer!

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy
That's not bad, given the snivelling I see from most when a good part is recommended, that's rivers of tears less than I see from them.
Regarding the sniveling, this forum prepared me for "buy once, cry once" so I was prepared.
That is why, however, it took me two years to get back in touch with you. Shit aint cheap!
Buy once, cry once hurts, and takes time to accomplish!

Welcome, what an awesome looking Jeep! What part of Washington are you in?
Hi Vasq.
I'm in Graham. 30 minutes south of Tacoma.
Jeep back this weekend, and I'm dying to get out and wheel. Hit me up if you ever want to get out...

Reactions: Vasq
Welcome to the forum! 😸

I won't bother warning you about emptying you pockets, seem like your well aware of how that works! :ROFLMAO:

But I like your "handle" Tombicon. You should have a set of hood side stickers make in the "Rubicon" font. I think it's quite original and unique! (y)

And BTW, we want pix when it gets home so we can peruse Blaines handiwork cuz,

This thread is worthless without pics

Reactions: tombicon