Washington newbie here!

Have you looked at NashvilleTJ's thread? He talks about straightening the 14 bolt he built for his LJ.
How bad do you think it's warped? I think trying to burn that bracket on with your 110V welder is part of the issue. I don't know how bent an axle can be before it isn't useable any longer.
me and my 110v welder were absolutely the problem haha. I'm not sure either. It deflects up 1/8th inch (steadily) between the bracket and the spring perch (so over 4 inches?), so I'm assuming it keeps going. I've tried welding on the back side to try pulling it back. then i welded on the back side AND wrapped a chain around it and a jack and put it under load while it cooled. I'm to the point where i've gotten it red hot so many times i dunno what to think about it.

and I'm derailing the thread :LOL:

p.s. the 220v welder is a dream and i should've just waited till i could get my hands on one. This has definitely been a lesson learned.

I can say that my club has moved meetings online (MS Teams) and has had one every month, we also have regular outings etc, hasn't slowed down all that much to tell the truth. We are a bit north for you though as we sort of center around Everett.

Tombicon, a lot of guys in the club are very active with PNW4WDA though and know a ton of guys from other clubs... I could ask around for a club recommendation for your area if you'd like.
You're part of the Tamers if I remember? They're a great group of people, I've run with them once.

You're part of the Tamers if I remember? They're a great group of people, I've run with them once.
Yup, awesome group. 42 years they been around and going strong! Can't say enough, they took us in with little to no experience and we've had a blast ever since!

Reactions: Vasq
I can say that my club has moved meetings online (MS Teams) and has had one every month, we also have regular outings etc, hasn't slowed down all that much to tell the truth. We are a bit north for you though as we sort of center around Everett.

Tombicon, a lot of guys in the club are very active with PNW4WDA though and know a ton of guys from other clubs... I could ask around for a club recommendation for your area if you'd like.
Thank you DaveF. It would not hurt my feelings at all. Now that the jeep is built, I would like to hook up with a club and get involved.
I would even volunteer for trial clean up, etc.
I live in Graham.
Excellent gesture, Thank You very much.
I wonder if the clubs seen my factory height jeep and thought I would be a liability?

Reactions: Wildman
Thank you DaveF. It would not hurt my feelings at all. Now that the jeep is built, I would like to hook up with a club and get involved.
I live in Graham.
I wonder if the clubs seen my factory height jeep and thought I would be a liability?
Haha thats exactly what i think i my head when someone shows up with no lockers. I got to get out of here before their problem becomes my problem. LOL.

I live in Graham.

I can't speak for other clubs, but we don't do that. We've taken multiple stock vehicles through trails on their first outing. Granted, they usually end up spending a bunch of money after that :) We DO try to limit vehicles when we do certain harder areas though.

Reactions: Vasq and Wildman
I can't speak for other clubs, but we don't do that. We've taken multiple stock vehicles through trails on their first outing. Granted, they usually end up spending a bunch of money after that :) We DO try to limit vehicles when we do certain harder areas though.
If you know some guys in my hood, I'd love to chat with them.
I think I can be an ass to any...sorry, an asset to any club...
Mike

• Haha
Yep there are a TON of clubs out there that will bring in unexperienced people and help them out and teach/show them how to wheel properly and the items needed.

Personally I like having newbies on runs and then show them what they can do with a stock rig. Of course I also enjoy trails that are a 9+ difficulty and trying to figure out how to make some obstacle. Technical wheeling is what I live for but the easier trails can be just as much fun.

Reactions: reddvltj and Vasq
me and my 110v welder were absolutely the problem haha. I'm not sure either. It deflects up 1/8th inch (steadily) between the bracket and the spring perch (so over 4 inches?), so I'm assuming it keeps going. I've tried welding on the back side to try pulling it back. then i welded on the back side AND wrapped a chain around it and a jack and put it under load while it cooled. I'm to the point where i've gotten it red hot so many times i dunno what to think about it.

and I'm derailing the thread :LOL:

p.s. the 220v welder is a dream and i should've just waited till i could get my hands on one. This has definitely been a lesson learned.
Vasq,
I really don't know much about this stuff, but I've seen where guys run a rod (shaft?) the diameter of their axles thru the tubes of the housing before welding. Like a jig to help keep it straight.
Also, I know a very pricy but stellar axle housing guy in Kent.
Scribner. He may be able to salvage it.
Mike

Reactions: Vasq
Yep there are a TON of clubs out there that will bring in unexperienced people and help them out and teach/show them how to wheel properly and the items needed.

Personally I like having newbies on runs and then show them what they can do with a stock rig. Of course I also enjoy trails that are a 9+ difficulty and trying to figure out how to make some obstacle. Technical wheeling is what I live for but the easier trails can be just as much fun.
It was actually my hope to become involved in a club immediately after I bought tombicon. I was reaching out for a few months, then Covid. Pretty much everything went to hell.
Here's to getting back to living!

Reactions: Wildman and Vasq
Vasq,
I really don't know much about this stuff, but I've seen where guys run a rod (shaft?) the diameter of their axles thru the tubes of the housing before welding. Like a jig to help keep it straight.
Also, I know a very pricy but stellar axle housing guy in Kent.
Scribner. He may be able to salvage it.
Mike
shot you a PM

Here's to getting back to living!
AMEN