Well, Bestops customer service is declining, never thought I'd see it

SamwiseGamJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Wow! Second escalation, third rep., with weeks of delay, problem still not solved in any way, (still can't use the Sunrider option safely), for a compliant, understanding, non- problematic customer.
Back and forth for weeks, and nothing.
Supposed to send me the engineers fix with straps and instructions, but nothing yet.
and after a few issues that the did resolve over a year ago, took two shipments to get two windows that were ok, multiple leaks in the $600 new upper half door window sliders I bought, and the Twill top that cost big bucks, (Sprung for the twill for lifetime warranty as much as for the material),
I also initially asked for a discount for a set of spare side windows, asked for blems, scratched returns, anything to get a set cheap for carrying rolled up for emergency use, to preserve my primo windows, but, nada, no can do, only 15% discount.
So I gave up early on the windows, at this point, just want the fix for the Sunrider, but still, bouncing me from rep to rep, and no fix.
Way to go guys, unbelievable.

Hello, my name is Scott.
Good grief.

This is why I buy $300 soft top skins and live with the extra noise and sometimes poor fit. If I pay that much for a top it better come with great customer service and the quality had better be good.

Well, thought quality was good, but have had multiple issues with fitment, warped header, and half the door sliders sent leaked like pouring pee out of a boot, through the window seals, not the door seals. They took care of it, but lordy had to jump through hoops, weeks of sent vids, pics, telling and showing them clearly what, how, where they leaked, but still treated me like a novice. Again, they have taken care of everything up to this point, but dang it, it shouldn't take this long, with tons of emails, and the Sunrider should work on a TJ, without collapsing down on you, and after years, and tons of people having issues, Bestop of all companies should really have a fix for it by now.
And also after all if this, and the thousands spent with them, you'd think they could find some side windows to hook a guy up with on the cheap for spares. (But that's secondary)
And understand staffing issues and current affairs.
But still.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Wow! Second escalation, third rep., with weeks of delay, problem still not solved in any way, (still can't use the Sunrider option safely), for a compliant, understanding, non- problematic customer.
Supposed to send me the engineers fix with straps and instructions, but nothing yet.
and after a few issues that the did resolve over a year ago, took two shipments to get two windows that were ok, multiple leaks in the $600 new upper half door window sliders I bought, and the Twill top that cost big bucks, (Sprung for the twill for lifetime warranty as much as for the material),
I also initially asked for a discount for a set of spare side windows, asked for blems, scratched returns, anything to get a set cheap for carrying rolled up for emergency use, to preserve my primo windows, but, nada, no can do, only 15% discount.
So I gave up early on the windows, at this point, just want the fix for the Sunrider, but still, bouncing me from rep to rep, and no fix.

Hello, my name is Scott.
Good grief.

That's a shame to hear. Haven't dealt with them for a while, but when I did, it was much different/better. Regarding the 'emergency windows'... I called looking for the same (blemished, returns, etc.) to use for when on trail rides and I don't want to risk scratching up the windows. No dice from Bestop, but I found a set to use as beaters on Offerup (lots of individual windows and full sets on FB Marketplace, Offerup and Craigslist). If you're not too picky on matching, should be able to get a set or piece some together for not much $.

Hello, my name is Scott.
Good grief.

Why don’t you get an Alien screen or such to go under your top

Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
I don’t have a lot of experience with them, but what i had wasn’t great. For the LJ i needed door surrounds as the PO had everything but the door surround (or I misplaced them during the buying process. I emailed them and they said the product I saw online would work, twice. When I called to order them, the guy told me they would not work and they no longer manufactured them for the OEM sunrider feature and I needed a new top, ugh. After a few emails I tried emailing them again never heard back. Ended up finding a pair at the local Jeep wreckers for half the price 😁 and they are working great.

Why don’t you get an Alien screen or such to go under your top
I have one, but since we have the full soft top, the way we like to roll is safari option usually, sides and back window out, door top out. Easy and quick if out, gets cold or rains, to pop everything back in. But, would be nice to use the Open Sunrider sometimes.
It's a Twill supertop NX so, paid big money for it, sure would like it to work on the road.

Reactions: Danarch
Part of what you were always paying for with Bestop was good customer service. Sadly that just isn't the case anymore. It isn't just Bestop though. Customer service across the board has hit rock bottom it seems.

Chris, you are right sir, so right, I run into the frustrations of it almost daily.
It's a shame good companies like this are even getting sub-par. Been working on wife's car for second week now due to waiting for parts , and half of said parts coming to me wrong. Literally completely different parts in boxes than what's supposed to be in them.
This week alone, both Rock auto, and even Oriellys ship to home did it.

That's a shame to hear. Haven't dealt with them for a while, but when I did, it was much different/better. Regarding the 'emergency windows'... I called looking for the same (blemished, returns, etc.) to use for when on trail rides and I don't want to risk scratching up the windows. No dice from Bestop, but I found a set to use as beaters on Offerup (lots of individual windows and full sets on FB Marketplace, Offerup and Craigslist). If you're not too picky on matching, should be able to get a set or piece some together for not much $.

Man I've been looking, and I'm not picky, as long as their in good shape, don't have to be twill, just not too fugly lol. My jeep and twill top is pretty pristine, so decent at least lol.

Chris, you are right sir, so right, I run into the frustrations of it almost daily.
It's a shame good companies like this are even getting sub-par. Been working on wife's car for second week now due to waiting for parts , and half of said parts coming to me wrong. Literally completely different parts in boxes than what's supposed to be in them.
This week alone, both Rock auto, and even Oriellys ship to home did it.

Money talks. If companies like this don’t want to do right by the customer (when it is reasonable of course) we ought to take our money elsewhere.

Im still waiting to hear back from them since very early spring via online warranty submission form. All I got was an instant computer generated email that said they received my submission and will get back with me as soon as possible in so many words. Has been crickets since.

Im still waiting to hear back from them since very early spring via online warranty submission form. All I got was an instant computer generated email that said they received my submission and will get back with me as soon as possible in so many words. Has been crickets since.
Man, you need to call them, And email them, and stand on it hard. Keep hammering. Unfortunately, it seems that these days, the only one that's gets the grease is the squeaky wheel.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I feel as though bestop has really gone down the drain ever since they started putting the ridiculous huge logo on the back of their tops. To me that was a pivotal moment in their business model.

Man, you need to call them, And email them, and stand on it hard. Keep hammering. Unfortunately, it seems that these days, the only one that's gets the grease is the squeaky wheel.

hasn't really bothered me enough to press on them.
just cracked corner stiffeners which are currently taped over red green style to prevent the sharp edged from poking through the top.
it would be nice if bestop just listed the part number for sale, id be willing to buy if the $1 worth of plastic is reasonably priced.
IMG_4604.jpeg

Hello, my name is Scott.
Good grief.
Hey there, Crystal@Bestop here! I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience to start off, after reading through some other posts, it sounds like you got everything taken care of and resolved, but if that's not the case and you still need help please don't hesitate to let me know, [email protected], I'm here to help!

Hey there, Crystal@Bestop here! I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience to start off, after reading through some other posts, it sounds like you got everything taken care of and resolved, but if that's not the case and you still need help please don't hesitate to let me know, [email protected], I'm here to help!

Well, actually, nothings resolved yet, and
Have been escalated to a Shawna Sweeney, haven't sent a fix for the Sunrider issue, and best discount on replacement spare side windows anyone will offer is 15%. And although anything is appreciated, after all of these issues for over a year, and all of the money initially spent with you, that's just not cheap enough.

Reactions: Chris