Well, Bestops customer service is declining, never thought I'd see it

Well, actually, nothings resolved yet, and
Have been escalated to a Shawna Sweeney, haven't sent a fix for the Sunrider issue, and best discount on replacement spare side windows anyone will offer is 15%. And although anything is appreciated, after all of these issues for over a year, and all of the money initially spent with you, that's just not cheap enough.

I'm sorry to hear your issue hasn't been resolved yet, I'll get with Shawna and see where everything stands. As for the discount, thats out of my hands unfortunately.
I'll give you an update as soon as I get one!
~Crystal@Bestop

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'm sorry to hear your issue hasn't been resolved yet, I'll get with Shawna and see where everything stands. As for the discount, thats out of my hands unfortunately.
I'll give you an update as soon as I get one!
~Crystal@Bestop

That sounds good, but, and I have to tell you, when I initiated this, and after about 20 emails back and fourth, and a couple of weeks, still no resolution, and escalation to the second rep, I tried to get you guys to just send me two side windows, So I can preserve my other ones, and drop the issue with the Sunrider option, just not use it, and just be happy using the top in Safari mode, windows out, spares to roll up in the bestop duffel I bought from you. Told the rep that would make me happy, or at least appeased.
But, I got the same "No, can't authorize that" response that I keep getting on everything else. And at this point, based on a few threads in the forums about the issue, and other customers having the same experiences with the Sunrider, and your customer service, I'm honestly starting to doubt there is a real fix for the problem.
And having been trained in, and in customer service, and dealing with people most of my 56 years, what I keep hearing from Bestop is what customers should never hear over, and over, and that is-
"No", "no," "and can't do that", and customers do not want to hear, what a company can't do for them, but they should be hearing, what you can do for them. That's the way Bestop used to be, and you could also talk to someone over the phone instead of a month of messaging. I also have other issues with the top that I have not brought up during this, and other problems I let drop, or fixed myself, but now that I may actually have your ear, and we're in a public forum, one of the issues is alignment, the gap between header and top, to the Windshield top, is gapped about a half an inch on one side, and almost normal on the other.
And yes, I've sent pics, you guy's sent a replacement header kit, and still the same. So I've just lived with that.
And it's a straight, un-wrecked jeep, windshields not warped, and installed a new header seal and perfect bestop installation.
I'm not a complainer, I've tried to be agreeable and understanding of staffing issues, and new employees, current times, but really just want this resolved.
Again, that's why I spent a lot of money for the best, most expensive top you sell, and on the market, was for the warranty as much or more than for the look of twill.
I have to keep repeating myself to every rep.

Its a crying shame that this has to be resolved on a 3rd party website - but hopefully it will be. Customers shouldn't have to bitch on forums to get results.

I sure do agree. And it wasn't my intention to resolve it here, didn't expect a Bestop rep to be on here or even acknowledge it on here. But I do appreciate them doing that. And as a note, Jeep hasn't even been off-road, or ever even left outside overnight, since the tops been installed, it's pristine.

Reactions: Zorba
And I get serious, and it goes silent....

I'm not ignoring you, I manage 4 other forums along with multiple social media platforms so I go back and forth between all of them and sometimes I'm not able to circle back to all of them within one day, I apologize for that.

I talked to Shawna and was advised to not step on toes beings you and her have had conversations about the situation with the windows and discount, with her being the CS Supervisor, I cannot override any decision she has made unfortunately. CS sent you a rear window at no charge and has offered you a 15% discount on the price for the quarter windows, they're not able to send the quarter windows to you for free unfortunately. I thanked CS for even being able to offer you a discount on the quarter windows, yeah it sucks you can't get those for free too but it is what it is unfortunately and I'm sorry for that, I wish there was more I could do to help there. I've already sent Shawna the link to this thread for review and I'm happy to share any additional feedback, questions, comments or concerns you may have to her however there isn't much I can do at this point with how involved CS is and what they've already stated they can and cannot do, within means and reason, I'm sorry!
~Crystal@Bestop

@Crystal@Bestop Hi Crystal, thank you for being here! I was a big Bestop supporter, my TJ was even featured in a Bestop video with the new Supertop NX when it first came out. It was a superb top with a perfect/tight fit. Those are your marketing people in that photo, the video was shot in the San Diego area near where I lived then.

CIMG4008.JPG

Everything used to be great and the fit was amazing. But I have personally seen the quality, especially how well things fit, fall off dramatically the last couple years. Reports in the multiple Wrangler TJ forums I visit frequently say the same thing.

Having installed a couple Bestop Bikini and Safari tops that fit perfectly, I bought another Safari top maybe 2 years ago. Its fit was so terrible it would not stay seated in the window surrounds, it would pull out of them every time I got up to cruising speed.

Bestop's Customer Service department was great sent me two replacements but unfortunately both replacements had the same sloppy fit that wouldn't stay seated when on the highway. I finally resorted to installing five screws in each side to keep it seated while driving.

DSC_0122 Edited.jpg

I have to say that the quality of the fit for everything TJ related has taken a real nose dive in recent years. That's really sad since it was so superb for so many years.

I am not asking for another replacement Safari top, I figure it'll fit the same as my last three that all had the same sloppy fit. I just want Bestop to know things are no longer what they used to be. At least where the Wrangler TJ is concerned :(

• Wow
Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
but it is what it is unfortunately and I'm sorry for that, I wish there was more I could do to help there

As someone who deals with customer repairs on a daily basis i have to say it takes some huge cajones to use this line.

I think if the issue has been elevated to this extent it should be resolved to the customers satisfaction. Here we have multiple past and prospective customers, ALL talking about how less than ideal your CS has been. It should directly be in your interest to turn that narrative around.

My take away from this is to not use Bestop for my top replacements. Its no one in this forum giving me that thought, its Bestops handling of this situation. Poor form.

Good luck!

I'm not ignoring you, I manage 4 other forums along with multiple social media platforms so I go back and forth between all of them and sometimes I'm not able to circle back to all of them within one day, I apologize for that.
That's kind of the point - you shouldn't even have to bother with forums and so-called "social media" if your CS dept was responsive. I don't have a dog in this fight as my Jeep has a hardtop, nor have I dealt with your company; but I keep hearing things like the OP and others in this thread. If someone has to seek recourse with a 3rd party website, your CS has already failed. If - and I emphasize "IF" - your company is now shipping "Hecho en China" garbage that doesn't fit, your company has failed. This has all the appearances of an upper management problem.

When I joined this forum 3 years ago, all the talk about BesTop was that they were the creme-de-la-creme of Jeep soft tops. Then people here started carping about the so-called "Tramp Stamp" - a huge logo on the backside that apparently "suddenly appeared". I personally wouldn't have a problem with that, but a lot of people here did. But now its multiple threads about bad fit and bad quality which, if true, is far more egregious. Again, I don't have an opinion one way or another as I presumably won't ever need a soft top - but where there's smoke there's fire.

I bought my Trektop NX 2 years ago and installed it about 2 months ago. So far I like the way it fits. Maybe I got lucky?? That being said I haven't had to deal with CS either.........

Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
Wow! Second escalation, third rep., with weeks of delay, problem still not solved in any way, (still can't use the Sunrider option safely), for a compliant, understanding, non- problematic customer.
Back and forth for weeks, and nothing.
Supposed to send me the engineers fix with straps and instructions, but nothing yet.
and after a few issues that the did resolve over a year ago, took two shipments to get two windows that were ok, multiple leaks in the $600 new upper half door window sliders I bought, and the Twill top that cost big bucks, (Sprung for the twill for lifetime warranty as much as for the material),
at this point, just want the fix for the Sunrider, but still, bouncing me from rep to rep, and no fix.
Way to go guys, unbelievable.

Hello, my name is Scott.
Good grief.
(quoting Crystal) I talked to Shawna and was advised to not step on toes beings you and her have had conversations about the situation with the windows and discount, with her being the CS Supervisor, I cannot override any decision she has made unfortunately. CS sent you a rear window at no charge and has offered you a 15% discount on the price for the quarter windows, they're not able to send the quarter windows to you for free unfortunately. I thanked CS for even being able to offer you a discount on the quarter windows, yeah it sucks you can't get those for free too but it is what it is unfortunately and I'm sorry for that, I wish there was more I could do to help there. I've already sent Shawna the link to this thread for review and I'm happy to share any additional feedback, questions, comments or concerns you may have to her however there isn't much I can do at this point with how involved CS is and what they've already stated they can and cannot do, within means and reason, I'm sorry!
~Crystal@Bestop

Crystal, I think that you're missing the initial issue. His top DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. The windows were a secondary issue. He wants his top to work, and has not had any help on THIS issue.
What did Shawna have to say about hit top not working? You and her make it sound like he was just asking for Free Stuff and then complaining that he didn't get it.
I, like Zorba, have no dog in this fight. I'm running a Rampage Bowless, and have been since 2015. I had ONE problem with it, and they bent over backwards to make it right. In the future, when I inevitably have to replace it, I'll gladly buy another Rampage for 1/3 the cost of a Bestop with none of the headaches. Even if it doesn't last as long, it's still worth more to me if I have to replace it more often, but for less $$.

@Crystal@Bestop Hi Crystal, thank you for being here! I was a big Bestop supporter, my TJ was even featured in a Bestop video with the new Supertop NX when it first came out. It was a superb top with a perfect/tight fit. Those are your marketing people in that photo, the video was shot in the San Diego area near where I lived then.

View attachment 453844

Everything used to be great and the fit was amazing. But I have personally seen the quality, especially how well things fit, fall off dramatically the last couple years.

Having installed a couple Bestop Bikini and Safari tops that fit perfectly, I bought another Safari top maybe 2 years ago. Its fit was so terrible it would not stay seated in the window surrounds, it would pull out of them every time I got up to cruising speed.

Bestop's Customer Service department was great sent me two replacements but unfortunately both replacements had the same sloppy fit that wouldn't stay seated when on the highway. I finally resorted to installing five screws in each side to keep it seated while driving.

View attachment 453846

I have to say that the quality of the fit for everything TJ related has taken a real nose dive in recent years. That's really sad since it was so superb for so many years.

I am not asking for another replacement Safari top, I figure it'll fit the same as my last three that all had the same sloppy fit. I just want Bestop to know things are no longer what they used to be. At least where the Wrangler TJ is concerned :(

Hi Jerry! Thank you, and I'm glad you reached out!
That's so awesome that that's your Jeep in our Marketing video!! I remember when Marketing made that!

I'm glad Customer Service took care of you by replacing the Bikini, I'm sorry the fit was no better than the one you originally had. I will definitely share your feedback and concerns with Customer Service and Quality. If there is anything more I can do to help, please feel free to email me, [email protected]
~Crystal@Bestop

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
(quoting Crystal) I talked to Shawna and was advised to not step on toes beings you and her have had conversations about the situation with the windows and discount, with her being the CS Supervisor, I cannot override any decision she has made unfortunately. CS sent you a rear window at no charge and has offered you a 15% discount on the price for the quarter windows, they're not able to send the quarter windows to you for free unfortunately. I thanked CS for even being able to offer you a discount on the quarter windows, yeah it sucks you can't get those for free too but it is what it is unfortunately and I'm sorry for that, I wish there was more I could do to help there. I've already sent Shawna the link to this thread for review and I'm happy to share any additional feedback, questions, comments or concerns you may have to her however there isn't much I can do at this point with how involved CS is and what they've already stated they can and cannot do, within means and reason, I'm sorry!
~Crystal@Bestop

Crystal, I think that you're missing the initial issue. His top DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. The windows were a secondary issue. He wants his top to work, and has not had any help on THIS issue.
What did Shawna have to say about hit top not working? You and her make it sound like he was just asking for Free Stuff and then complaining that he didn't get it.
I, like Zorba, have no dog in this fight. I'm running a Rampage Bowless, and have been since 2015. I had ONE problem with it, and they bent over backwards to make it right. In the future, when I inevitably have to replace it, I'll gladly buy another Rampage for 1/3 the cost of a Bestop with none of the headaches. Even if it doesn't last as long, it's still worth more to me if I have to replace it more often, but for less $$.
Customer Service, from my understanding, fixed the top issue and sent a strap that was needed. Unless there are other issues that I am not aware of, this is a closed case.
@SamwiseGamJeep if there is anything you may need or additional feedback that you'd like me to share with CS, please feel free to email, I'm happy to help within my means, [email protected].
Thank you,
~Crystal@Bestop

Part of what you were always paying for with Bestop was good customer service. Sadly that just isn't the case anymore. It isn't just Bestop though. Customer service across the board has hit rock bottom it seems.

I could live with poor customer service if the quality was amazing or the price wasn’t so high. I take issue with a company charging a premium for a product with subpar quality and customer service that essentially tortures you in order to get what you rightfully paid for.

Seems to be a trend indeed.

Reactions: Chris
~Crystal@Bestop

Rampage it is. Thanks for the recommendation

cobey

Reactions: Zorba
I could live with poor customer service if the quality was amazing or the price wasn’t so high. I take issue with a company charging a premium for a product with subpar quality and customer service that essentially tortures you in order to get what you rightfully paid for.

Seems to be a trend indeed.

Well at this point if Bestop is making them in China like all the others and offering them up with a dose of crap quality customer service, I see no reason not to just buy another cheaper option. Especially when you’ll at least get better customer service with another brand.

Well at this point if Bestop is making them in China like all the others and offering them up with a dose of crap quality customer service, I see no reason not to just buy another cheaper option. Especially when you’ll at least get better customer service with another brand.

And no giant logo on the back!