Well, Bestops customer service is declining, never thought I'd see it

I've never driven at speed with my sunrider folded back.
Maybe I can get free windows too. :unsure:

That doesn't help my case, and my issue here. Trying to have what I paid big bucks for, and the Lifetime warranty on a Twill top work, and work as advertised. and it's not just at speed, anything over 30ish, or even slower probably, and I believe the Sunrider is advertised to be able to, and that the "wind" or downforce is supposed to keep it in place if configured properly.
It's a sunroof, it should work to drive down the road. Not mention how much these things cost, and a fix should be developed and made, and according to Bestop, it it.
I am not "Trying to get free windows", and I'm having to tell Bestop that over and over, as their ignoring it when I state it, or not reading what I Write, as you have also apparently done, or not done.

I've never driven at speed with my sunrider folded back.
Maybe I can get free windows too. :unsure:

And also add, the "Free windows" were a cheap alternative for them, both on parts and shipping, that I would have been appeased with a few weeks ago, as I just would give up using the Sunrider, and dealt with it while preserving my pristine Twill windows. They initially said their shipping an entire top, and I said, look, you don't have to, just do this and I'll go my way and drop it.

I am not "Trying to get free windows", and I'm having to tell Bestop that over and over, as their ignoring it when I state it, or not reading what I Write, as you have also apparently done, or not done.

Lighten up, Francis.
I did read the whole thing.
Hope you get what you want.

Lighten up, Francis.
I did read the whole thing.
Hope you get what you want.

"Francis" is my mother's name, that I took full-time care of, and was basically homebound with her, for almost a decade until she died at 92. We bought this TJ to restore ,for my therapy, of which I have been doing since 2020. She had extreme behavioral issues, and that was tough to deal with, as it was for my Dad, who cared for her full time, up until I cared for him, and her, the last six months of his life. So, "Man", I have a hard time lightening up, as this whole project is pretty important to me. I spent a ton on money with them, and their aloof attitude is infuriating. And the Bestop people are also watching this thread, and everytime someone posts something making light of this issue, are high-jacking what I'm trying to accomplish here.
My name, is Scott.

"Francis" is my mother's name, that I took full-time care of, and was basically homebound with her, for almost a decade until she died at 92. We bought this TJ to restore ,for my therapy, of which I have been doing since 2020. She had extreme behavioral issues, and that was tough to deal with, as it was for my Dad, who cared for her full time, up until I cared for him, and her, the last six months of his life. So, "Man", I have a hard time lightening up, as this whole project is pretty important to me. I spent a ton on money with them, and their aloof attitude is infuriating. And the Bestop people are also watching this thread, and everytime someone posts something making light of this issue, are high-jacking what I'm trying to accomplish here.
My name, is Scott.

I hope things get sorted out. Fwiw I’ll be getting a new top at some point and will keep this thread in mind.

Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
I hope things get sorted out. Fwiw I’ll be getting a new top at some point and will keep this thread in mind.

Thank you sir, I really appreciate that, and I hope it does too. It's the wackiest customer service fiasco I've ever dealt with. At this point I'm just amazed by their responses and the way they talk to a customer, and I won't let up until I either get a solid resolution, or a full refund, and based on the outcome will decide if I ever purchase any more of their products or not. If the quality is this...and the customer service is this... it's a future, no, for me, I'll put my hard top back on lol!

I'm supposed to be receiving a new rear window as a warranty claim. Due to some of the posts on here about quality control I'm concerned if the replacement will fit, as in the zippers lining up properly. The rear window is a big enough PITA when the zipper is in good condition and alignment(?).
The zippers on the top that came with my jeep failed so I was pretty good about keeping them clean and lubed(with silicone spray). One pic is the window and the other is the zipper on the main body of the top.

282CAF1F-F16B-497A-AE27-2A75F32294FC.jpeg

B9A10005-4081-4CB1-9C21-58A868F3BDB4.jpeg

Reactions: SamwiseGamJeep
Well it came pretty quick….. hope it fits

View attachment 454582
I waxed both halves of the zipper ant tried to install it; getting around the first curve was difficult ( too difficult imo) and got to just shy of the second curve and noticed this. Shit

I fired off an email with pics. We’ll see what happens. I’ll probably call Tuesday
95358D5C-0D00-4808-BE9E-EB302A672938.jpeg

F9517061-039F-41BF-80F0-D32C89F59D9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly, this trend with Bestop is not new and has been in place at least 8-10 years. I bought a YJ super top 10 years ago that didn’t fit worth a crap. The sides would not stay lodged in the rails, and the zipper on the right side of the rear window eventually pulled away from the window. Got a new one under warranty (had to pull teeth a little to get that), and it fit the same. Eventually met the same fate. The tub is square and had absolutely no issues. Instructions followed. I think the priority for making a good top is definitely significantly less the older the Jeeps get.

I’ve also bought Bestop mirrors that were shaky, seat covers that were super loose, and a tire carrier that tweaked my tub after being installed properly. I think it wasn’t dimensioned right. I returned the mirrors for Mopar, I lived with the seat covers, and the tire carrier I reached out to CS for. They were utterly useless in helping me. I think it was Shawna, but I no longer use the email I used back then (2018) so no way to even see anymore. Lots of “we’re looking into this” for a month and an half and then not that long after, they discontinued the carrier. Radio silence. I gave up and sold the carrier with a disclaimer and accepted that I needed to go with something else for my tire carrier and live with a resultant slightly fucked up tub.

In short, my opinion is Bestop is overall garbage, at least for older Jeeps. That goes for both the products and the customer service that doesn’t rectify the problems the products have. Thankfully, I shouldn’t ever need to buy anything from them again. I did buy a bikini top that worked fine, but that’s so simple it would be hard to screw up.