Well.. here it is. My Jeep Journal.

91 bravo now old timer lol. Thank you for your service brother!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Likewise! I can see Oshkosh Truck from my house and the pay is really tempting but ehhhh haha. I'll stay as a lowly metal worker for now.

If this Jeep keeps throwing new problems at me I might have to suck it up and take a job there LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 42tjd80
Likewise! I can see Oshkosh Truck from my house and the pay is really tempting but ehhhh haha. I'll stay as a lowly metal worker for now.

If this Jeep keeps throwing new problems at me I might have to suck it up and take a job there LOL.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you just as well take the job lol. You're gonna need it lmao

Reactions: Katuhstrofik
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you just as well take the job lol. You're gonna need it lmao

Thanks for your vote of confidence :')

Honestly, for a 20 year old Jeep that was neglected beyond belief, we're lucky it still runs and drives haha. And much to my surprise, the exterior of the body is A+ shape in terms of rust. There is almost zero visible rust when you do a quick walk around.

When it's all said and done it will be one hell of a restoration story for the forum.

Funny, that engine looks oxidized and rusted all over, but the outside looks very clean! Wonder why that is?

Reactions: Katuhstrofik
Funny, that engine looks oxidized and rusted all over, but the outside looks very clean! Wonder why that is?
Yeah I am curious about this too.

Hahaha I have all of the confidence in the world in you lol. Also if you need any advice or guidance please feel free to ask. I guess I'll start adding pictures to the forum of my build lol. It's taking forever but I'm proud of it lol.

I appreciate it. :) If this Jeep is going to teach me anything, it's going to be how to set money on fire and be patient LOL.

Reactions: Chris
Owning a TJ and having a savings account do not compute! Lol!
Good thing I went into this with that in mind :D

If it teaches you how to weld it will save you a ton...learning to weld is in my future retirement plans.,
Yeah I am very excited to learn more about welding. I have the basics I think, but the TJ will really give me an opportunity to refine my skills.

20171218_141432.jpg
i just did my 97 tj, rotted tub , rotted frame etc .... im from Massachusetts , what your showing is like new condition. i will take some pics tomorrow of me jeep, it was a frame off restore, frame repair, replaced tub, etc . i will explain in more detail with photos . best bet for you is to invest in a decent welder, miller, lincoln. the biggest thing to welding is make sure the pieces you are welding together are clean bare metal. the torx boxes you can make yourself with a piece of 1x3 tubing for about 20$ and a little time. again i will explain more with pics . i started in sept this year and just finished it last week.

View attachment 27650 i just did my 97 tj, rotted tub , rotted frame etc .... im from Massachusetts , what your showing is like new condition. i will take some pics tomorrow of me jeep, it was a frame off restore, frame repair, replaced tub, etc . i will explain in more detail with photos . best bet for you is to invest in a decent welder, miller, lincoln. the biggest thing to welding is make sure the pieces you are welding together are clean bare metal. the torx boxes you can make yourself with a piece of 1x3 tubing for about 20$ and a little time. again i will explain more with pics . i started in sept this year and just finished it last week.
Looking real good there. I can't wait to see your pictures so I can get an idea of how I'll approach it.
Mines a work in progress lolView attachment 27666

Lol geez.