Well.. here it is. My Jeep Journal.

Lot's of prep works. I cleaned the inside really good with home made wire brush to knock out the rust scales, knock-out-removed the loose scales. then bought a Loctite Naval Jelly and applied it in the inside and outside surface for 30-45 minutes. I rinsed it with water pressure nozzle tipped running water. Dried it for a week. Then air it down to blow loose powdered rust. And then.... applied the POR-15.

i was debating between the two ? have you tried the eastwood ?
I have not, but a few friends have. Too soon to say if its effective or not. Lots of internet review says it is though. POR-15 is a very good paint...Very hard and durable. I've used it on Mower decks, and its amazing how well it holds up under there, with all that nasty wet grass.

I was going to por 15 my channels I make for the bottom before I weld them on . Now I am thinking of getting some por 15 on as much as I can up into the remaining areas of the frame before then. Then use Krown or fluid film from then on to help.I was going to put drain holes front and back before I weld on the lower channels.

I had heard chassis saver really works well right over rust.It maintains its gloss without a top coat .I see a lot of people use por 15 but it looks like a great alternative .

Hey guys, if I take off the AC compressor is that enough to use a serpentine belt made for non AC engines? It is there and extra pulley I'll need to remove?

Also, big updates this weekend. Going to be in the 30s so I'm doing the exhaust and belt and alternator and some rust removal. Also, tearing out the interior and assessing further damage. Might get around to troubleshooting my tail light problem as well.

:D

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kathy and Chris
Hey guys, if I take off the AC compressor is that enough to use a serpentine belt made for non AC engines? It is there and extra pulley I'll need to remove?

Also, big updates this weekend. Going to be in the 30s so I'm doing the exhaust and belt and alternator and some rust removal. Also, tearing out the interior and assessing further damage. Might get around to troubleshooting my tail light problem as well.

I believe if you remove the AC compressor, all you need is a serpentine belt for non-AC engines. You could check in the FSM just to be 100% certain though. I know they have belt routing diagrams in there for both models.

I believe if you remove the AC compressor, all you need is a serpentine belt for non-AC engines. You could check in the FSM just to be 100% certain though. I know they have belt routing diagrams in there for both models.
Alright, I was hoping it would be that easy. Would mark the first time since I bought the Jeep that something worked out for me! :')

I'll check out some references to be sure though.

No matter what, the Jeep will be in running and driving condition by the time the weekend is over. I am debating on putting a cherry bomb on it. Anyone have experience with cherry bombs on a 4.0?

Reactions: Chris
The last time I put a cherry bomb on a vehicle was in the 90s. I think it would probably be too loud on a Jeep. I don't think you'll find many who have added a cherry bomb to their Jeep, though that may be worth it's own new thread.

The last time I put a cherry bomb on a vehicle was in the 90s. I think it would probably be too loud on a Jeep. I don't think you'll find many who have added a cherry bomb to their Jeep, though that may be worth it's own new thread.
Okay. I figured as much considering the small length of the exhaust to begin with. I'll go ahead and get the muffler kit I found instead.

Yep, that's probably the better idea. The TJ has such a short exhaust to begin with.

I don't have a "Cherry Bomb", but do have a glass pack. It's not too loud at all, and no drone when driving. I went with the Flowtech 50251FLT Red Hots Glass Pack Muffler. I put one on my old V8 WJ three years ago, and it still sounds great, and hasn't rusted out.

You will need to have either a new tail pipe made, or a couple of different bends put in your current one for it to fit properly. The stock muffler is center in, offset out, so using a straight through muffler like a glass pack makes it not quite line up properly.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0002M9PC0/?tag=tjforum-20

Reactions: Katuhstrofik
d86e26f077f5480e534c588d51bcb315.jpg

Hey guys can anyone here with a 4.0 and no AC post a pic of your alternator set up? I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of the bulk of the AC compressor mount.

Thanks in advance!

In the garage, got the old alternator out with the help of Kroil and I am putting in the new one!

I found that the easiest way to take the intake manifold and exhaust manifold off is to remove the entire driver side fender. Once you do that, it’s easy as can be.

What are you referring to in that photo? The freeze plugs?