What all is included with the Zone 4 inch lift?

Jackjack97

TJ Enthusiast
can anyone tell me everything that comes in the zone off road 4 inch lift kit. will i be able to eventually upgrade to an sye. also will i need extended brake lines for this kit

It comes with a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1.5" body lift I believe.

It also includes spacers to drop your transfer case, preventing you from needing a SYE and double cardan driveshaft, but also limiting off-road performance.

It's a fine lift for a TJ that is primarily street driven. However, if you plan on doing a lot of more serious wheeling, it's not a lift I would advise.

It comes with a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1.5" body lift I believe.

It also includes spacers to drop your transfer case, preventing you from needing a SYE and double cardan driveshaft, but also limiting off-road performance.

It's a fine lift for a TJ that is primarily street driven. However, if you plan on doing a lot of more serious wheeling, it's not a lift I would advise.
this one is actully the 4 inch of suspension theres no body lift i just need to know all the little things in this lift so i know if i need something extra for it.

If it's a true 4" suspension lift then you will likely have to lower the t-case skid considerably to avoid drive line vibes. Or, SYE.

Can you post a link to it by chance?

1587588041727.png

In addition to the springs and shocks, looks like the base kit has bump stops, rear track bar relo bracket, end links, t-case drop, and non-adjustable LCA's, probably to correct the caster and pinion angle.

There are also some optional upgrades:
1587588433875.png

There's definitely worse places to start for the money, but here are some thoughts I have:

-if you ever plan on an SYE, you'll want the adjustable control arms.
-if you go offroad at all, you'll want the sway bar disconnects.
-If you don't get the adjustable track bar, the directions will tell you to drill a new axle end front track bar hole. Your call, but I personally don't like it, and if you want to upgrade the track bar in the future, your new hole may not leave much meat left in the bracket between the holes, and that meat will get even smaller if you upgrade to a bar that has you drill out the hole to a larger size, which is a lot of them.

If its an on-road only daily driver or if your offroading style is mudbogging that needs ride height more than articulation, the $550 kit is probably fine, but it's got quite a few parts you'll end up replacing again later on if you want a more capable rig or you'll turn it into a $1450 kit with the upgrades.

Reactions: Chris
I have the 4.25" combo lift, I think for what you're trying to accomplish you will be much happier with the combo. Very budget friendly and includes a MML. I have ran mine over 3 years and like it.

Reactions: pagrey
The biggest thing that turns me off from kits like that are non-adjustable control arms.

For one, this assumes the manufacturer knows exactly where your pinion angles need to be (caster angles to).

In addition, forget about doing things right down the road and getting a SYE / double cardan driveshaft.

If its an on-road only daily driver or if your offroading style is mudbogging that needs ride height more than articulation, the $550 kit is probably fine, but it's got quite a few parts you'll end up replacing again later on if you want a more capable rig or you'll turn it into a $1450 kit with the upgrades.

Well said, my thoughts exactly.

If you ever decide to upgrade, most of this lift kit is going to have to go.

Having built a few TJs over the years, I've come to the conclusion that unless a "lift kit" includes adjustable control arms, I won't touch it.

In addition, I won't buy a "lift kit" anymore. I'll piece one together myself. It's easier, and you get quality components.

The exception for me would be a Savvy lift of course, as all their components I consider top shelf.

I also spend $9000 on mountain bikes, so my wife would tell you I have expensive taste :LOL:

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
View attachment 154966

In addition to the springs and shocks, looks like the base kit has bump stops, rear track bar relo bracket, end links, t-case drop, and non-adjustable LCA's, probably to correct the caster and pinion angle.

There are also some optional upgrades:
View attachment 154971

There's definitely worse places to start for the money, but here are some thoughts I have:

-if you ever plan on an SYE, you'll want the adjustable control arms.
-if you go offroad at all, you'll want the sway bar disconnects.
-If you don't get the adjustable track bar, the directions will tell you to drill a new axle end front track bar hole. Your call, but I personally don't like it, and if you want to upgrade the track bar in the future, your new hole may not leave much meat left in the bracket between the holes, and that meat will get even smaller if you upgrade to a bar that has you drill out the hole to a larger size, which is a lot of them.

i plan on either doing the JKS adjustible arms or i am going to save up for some currie adjustible arms but that would be way down the road

Motor mount lift, it simply raises the front of the engine which in turn reduces driveline angle. Basically you're getting a 3" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, and the MML. MOST who have it don't have any issues running this lift just as it is. If your not doing hardcore offroading I think it's one of the best budget friendly lifts as it is fairly well thought out. This nice thing is I have a very usable lift and didn't waste money on parts I may want to upgrade down the road such as control arms. A SYE is still on my lift of to-do's but like I said, not mandatory.

I'll add that as far as budget lifts go, I don't think you can beat Zone for the money. I put their 3" on my LJ in 2010 and it did fine for what it was, which at the time was a daily driver with a single annual trip to Colorado to wheel in the Sa Juans. Being an LJ, the 3" lift didn't cause vibes even without a transfer case drop, so I got away without that or an SYE and the 3" keeps the stock arms. If you're on a budget and want to get it lifted and can wait for the other stuff, definitely don't even think about Rough Country or Skyjacker or any of the others in that price range, Zone is the way to go.

Personally, knowing what I know today, I would just drive it stock until I had the money to do Currie 4" springs with Rancho RS5000x shocks to match, Currie or JKS track bars, Savvy arms, and an SYE all at the same time. It'll end up in the $3k neighborhood at retail prices but you'll go from stock to a really capable rig overnight and you won't be redoing work and re-replacing parts over and over again like I've been doing for 3 years now.

Reactions: KMET