What are you cooking today?

97TJNM

High Desert Redneck
Supporting Member
So a bunch of us seem to like food pics, but there's not a thread on it. I figured we should have a thread on good food where people can post about what they're cooking, ask for recipes, etc.

Today I'm cooking Cajun Sticky Chicken.

Honestly I Hate cooking this meal, because it takes soooo much time. But I made it once for friends here in NM, and every time they come over for dinner and beers now, they ask if I'm cooking it, so watcha gonna do?

Chicken browning phase. I'll post finished photos later.
20231008_122717.jpg

Also, @Chris If this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it!

Last edited:
So basically, Sticky Chicken:

Season 12-14 pieces of bone in dark meat Chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cajun seasoning. Dust with flour.

Melt a stick of butter in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Sear the chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.

Chop 4 large onions. Add to pot with a half cup of brown sugar. Cook in the pot and leftover butter until translucent, over a low heat.

Add 2-3 cups of chicken stock, and add chicken back to pot. Add water until the chicken is half covered. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook chicken for 2-3 hours. Add water or chicken stock as needed to keep the sauce level about halfway up the chicken, and stir every once in a while to make sure nothing sticks.

Serve over white rice.

Reactions: tworley
Chili !!! The wife is cooking chili cause it’s finally cooling down a bit out. Frost on the rooftop this morning and I absolutely cannot wait till her chili is ready.

• Love
Reactions: 97TJNM
Simmering a pot of Texas Cowboy Stew.

I love me a one pot recipe to cook up for food to eat at work.

If I could find me phone, I would take a pic.

Sounds like a real winner! We were last tonight and decided to scrounge in the kitchen for whatever suited our fancy.

I went with my old standby, a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on white bread. Over medium egg with a slightly runny yolk, crispy bacon, medium cheddar, and some mayo.

It hit the spot!

• Love
Reactions: RINC