What are your thoughts on the 2021 Rubicon 392?

Jaxon B.

TJ Enthusiast
Just yesterday I saw with my family the announcement of the new Rubi 392, and it absolutely blew us away. A V8!? In a Jeep?!?! Stock?!?!? Wanted to know what the other people on this forum's opinions were on it because if we had more money, we would snap that thing right up lol
Jeep_Wrangler_392_Concept_3.jpg
2021-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-392-HEMI-V8.jpg
jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392--1.jpg

Last edited:
I like that they are finally adding in v8 power to the Wrangler line again, i hate that it will only be initially added to the top tier, most expensive JL. I'm sure they will sell them out quickly, no matter what they charge. I do think it would be smart for Jeep to move a v8 into the JT line. That thing is huge and could use the power.

Reactions: Elyse8743 and L J
If I had tons of cash laying around I would pick one up. I would also then swap out the axles. @Chris, I totally agree that 2 doors are the best. However, with a family of 4 with 2 dogs, there are times that I'd like the 4 door. Since it's not my daily I don't mind so much.

i think you're going to see a lot of blown rear Dana 44 axles considering the power and the tires people are going to put on them.
Based on the fact most people lack a true understanding of modifications. I fall in that same category just FYI.

I’d say it’s a no brainer that adding bigger heavier tires will absolutly stress components and that stressor needs to be addressed. Not everyone seems to apply that, they might understand it, but their actions often say otherwise.

Reactions: Logan21
Just yesterday I saw with my family the announcement of the new Rubi 392, and it absolutely blew us away. A V8!? In a Jeep?!?! Stock?!?!? Wanted to know what the other people on this forum's opinions were on it because if we had more money, we would snap that thing right up lol
View attachment 210383View attachment 210384View attachment 210385
I think it’s incredible. It just took FCA to take over and make the right moves that no one before them had the balls to do.

Say what you will, but the FCA folks took the Wrangler to the next level once they allowed the JK to run it’s 10 year course.

Reactions: Starrs