What brand of tools do you recommend?

I was not expecting a come back like that.

I was not expecting a come back like that.
I’m going through plyers today

3285B9BF-D1E4-46C4-BB3E-626E6292D1D0.jpeg

On the rare occasion I need a quality tool I take a second to research what I need. Every tool is different. Project Farm has some good recommendations. Some expensive tools are worth the money but often by a very small margin compared to a less expensive alternative. Most brand recommendations, "I only use Snap-On" are a very easy way to spend allot of money and not really get much value for your dollar. There are a few tools it really is nice to have top of the line stuff but it is very easy to tell which tools those are based on your own use. If you watch a few Project Farm tests you'll realize allot of people step up from garbage tools and spend a whole lot of money then go on about how awesome that brand is not realizing there are plenty of other options, some costing a fraction that are equal or better quality.

On the rare occasion I need a quality tool I take a second to research what I need. Every tool is different. Project Farm has some good recommendations. Some expensive tools are worth the money but often by a very small margin compared to a less expensive alternative. Most brand recommendations, "I only use Snap-On" are a very easy way to spend allot of money and not really get much value for your dollar. There are a few tools it really is nice to have top of the line stuff but it is very easy to tell which tools those are based on your own use. If you watch a few Project Farm tests you'll realize allot of people step up from garbage tools and spend a whole lot of money then go on about how awesome that brand is not realizing there are plenty of other options, some costing a fraction that are equal or better quality.

Well stated, there are a lot of snap on tools I like and some I don’t care for such as 1/2” drive impact swivels. I prefer Mac for these. I have also replaced a few 3/8” snap on impact swivels, I don’t know if I care for the new ones. The pros of snap-on, Mac and the other tool trucks is they show up every week to supply the professional and warranty broken items. This is a Convenience for the professional not so much for the weekend guy. Now with the internet and home delivery tools are much easier to get. I pretty much gave up on craftsman years ago for professional use due to going to replace a broken tool and they would not have the replacement.

Many have mentioned Craftsman, our fathers Craftsman which were quality. Today, not so much. In the 70's and 80's we used to scour all the flea markets and yard sales for Craftsman tools no matter the condition because of their awesome lifetime warranty.

I mostly buy Cobalt and thankfully I have not had to test the warranty at Lowes yet.

I have not had to test the warranty at Lowes yet.

You will, it's not a big deal. Craftsman, Cobalt and HF Chinese with the warranty are all pretty close to the same deal. Whatever store is closer and treats you okay is fine, go with what you like. Even the best tools break, it's just part of the deal. If you haven't broken Cobalt you've done just fine.

You will, it's not a big deal. Craftsman, Cobalt and HF Chinese with the warranty are all pretty close to the same deal. Whatever store is closer and treats you okay is fine, go with what you like. Even the best tools break, it's just part of the deal. If you haven't broken Cobalt you've done just fine.

Is Cobalt the same as Kobalt?