What can make the ASD fuse blow?

Ok cool. Really it's only C1 that you need to unplug.
Ok if C1 is the black one on the far left then yes when that one was unplugged the light went off and when it was plugged back it it came on. All 3 other plugs did not have an effect on the light. Taking the relay out while the PCM was unplugged did not change anything

Ok if C1 is the black one on the far left then yes when that one was unplugged the light went off and when it was plugged back it it came on. All 3 other plugs did not have an effect on the light. Taking the relay out while the PCM was unplugged did not change anything
Fried PCM man. Plug it back in and see if the light comes back on to verify. If it does then the PCM is toast. Get up with @Wranglerfix

Reactions: Wranglerfix
PCM isn’t unplugged yet, these things are stuck on pretty well. But earlier I did take out ASD relay and light was still lit
I unplug those connecters multiple times daily and they piss me off at least twice a week! BTW-it is REALLY fun fighting with during a downpour!

PS

I have broken at least 8 red clips in my career!

You need to continue tracing wiring under the PCM and thru the ASD to see what wiring is shorted.
You can use the PDFs that BIgFoot-NM in post (#9) to assist you in tracing the wiring.
Have you checked the condition of the ASD relay to see if the there is an internal short or base receptacle is melted?

Without reading the entire thread super close, I think the O2 sensor wiring is a somewhat common cause of setting off the ASD relay. I think it shares power on that circuit? It's been a while. I went through this a few years back and couldn't find it either. I just found somebody parting a same year/engine/tranny TJ and bought the entire harness and swapped out. Done in an hour and all was fixed.

You need to continue tracing wiring under the PCM and thru the ASD to see what wiring is shorted.
You can use the PDFs that BIgFoot-NM in post (#9) to assist you in tracing the wiring.
Have you checked the condition of the ASD relay to see if the there is an internal short or base receptacle is melted?
Ok I’ll go back to tracing. I’ll pull up the fuse box and try to find out if the connection is melted

Without reading the entire thread super close, I think the O2 sensor wiring is a somewhat common cause of setting off the ASD relay. I think it shares power on that circuit? It's been a while. I went through this a few years back and couldn't find it either. I just found somebody parting a same year/engine/tranny TJ and bought the entire harness and swapped out. Done in an hour and all was fixed.
I’ve checked the o2 a few times and doesn’t seem wrong but I’ll try messing with them again

I have just read people had issues with them when I was trying to find my issue, but I couldn't replicate it either. That's the problem with intermittent electrical issues. They can be so hard to replicate. Regardless, I couldn't figure out what it was either so I just replaced the entire harness which, after I finished, I was pissed I hadn't tried earlier considering how easy it was.

. Unclip it so you can view the rat's nest that's underneath. This is a common spot for a break or a short. You'll be able to tell which wire goes to the ASD fuse from underneath.
Must be a regional thing. We have literally been into more PDC wiring inside them, to and from them in close proximity and we have never seen a short or break inside or in close proximity to them. We've fixed lots and lots of screwed up, worn, burnt, chafed, and otherwise failed wiring but never in the PDC. We've also done tons of the TSB O2 heater circuit rework and still never any issue inside the PDC.

Must be a regional thing. We have literally been into more PDC wiring inside them, to and from them in close proximity and we have never seen a short or break inside or in close proximity to them. We've fixed lots and lots of screwed up, worn, burnt, chafed, and otherwise failed wiring but never in the PDC. We've also done tons of the TSB O2 heater circuit rework and still never any issue inside the PDC.
It very well may be a regional thing or a stupidity thing. I've seen a few PDC's shorted internally due to road salt/ water intrusion.
I see people running their jeeps without the PDC cover because they have additional wiring running out of it.
But, I have also seen a lot of issues with the O2 heater circuits and the injector/coil harnesses, like you said.
One thing I don't understand is the time spent trying to find the broken/shorted wire once the concern has been identified. Why spend 3 hours cutting open and removing all the conduit, when it's much easier to restring the circuit.

I have just read people had issues with them when I was trying to find my issue, but I couldn't replicate it either. That's the problem with intermittent electrical issues. They can be so hard to replicate. Regardless, I couldn't figure out what it was either so I just replaced the entire harness which, after I finished, I was pissed I hadn't tried earlier considering how easy it was.
I might have to try and find a harness then

It very well may be a regional thing or a stupidity thing. I've seen a few PDC's shorted internally due to road salt/ water intrusion.
I see people running their jeeps without the PDC cover because they have additional wiring running out of it.
But, I have also seen a lot of issues with the O2 heater circuits and the injector/coil harnesses, like you said.
One thing I don't understand is the time spent trying to find the broken/shorted wire once the concern has been identified. Why spend 3 hours cutting open and removing all the conduit, when it's much easier to restring the circuit.
We don't deal with very many stupid folk.