What can make the ASD fuse blow?

Nope the fuse did not blow when relay was removed
Have you tried swapping out the ASD relay?
check the harness going to the coil capacitor, I have seen them rub thru and short out.

1642258969439.png

One thing I’m not getting is we put a multimeter in the ASD fuse slot and can’t get a reading on amps with relay in or out and regardless of key position but it’s still blowing fuses when they are in

With everything plugged back in, try unplugging the coil rail and see if the fuse blows
I messed with the coil rail and it didn’t seem to change BUT I unplugged something and it made the light indicator go off. No idea what this plug is but something happened because of it. It was the bottom one here:

C31C962A-0DBD-46A7-A516-0CF4FCD401EE.jpeg

2FB56ABF-0EB8-460A-97BD-2CAA4CEFE2D7.jpeg

considering that C1(black) plug to the pcm is the only other thing that has caused the light to turn off I think my problem is something in the wiring between the plug I just took off and the pcm plug. The question is where and what does this plug do

The around the back of the valve cover is like the #1 spot for harnesses to go bad I think. Mine did that too a different time. Taking it apart and inspecting it magically fixed it so I didn't ask questions and ran it for years. Might have been what caused the later issue too that caused me to replace the harness, but the second time jiggling the harness there didn't impact it so I assumed it was something else.