What did you do to your TJ today?

Oh- I also turned the heat on to bring down the engine temp “check gauges”.
Off to another thread to sort that out.
Step #1 IMO if temps go up even when driving at speed, is to run a good chemical flush through the system. I always use Blue Devil. Just drain antifreeze and add the $7 flush with tap water, then drive it for 6-8 hours total and empty. You'd be shocked what that stuff removes from the entire system, even if everything looks clean. I always do it twice to be sure it's clean. If it only does it at idle, I'd replace the fan clutch.

Blue devil flush.jpg

Last edited:
My subwoofer was completely blown when I got the jeep, to the point of not making any sound, both voice coils were open and the diaphram, well you can see the pictures below. I looked at the quadratec replacement which would bolt right in, and came across the kicker replacement on this forum. The kicker is $20 more and a lot more speaker and a lot better built so I went with it, specifically the 43CWRT672 kicker compRT. This model has dual 2 ohm voice coils which from my reading matches the original. This speaker gives me options should I choose to upgrade later from the original amp, which I am still using. Anyway, got it in the housing and plugged it in with the housing sitting on my seat. Jumped to life immediately and to my untrained ears sounds great even being driven by the weak factory amp. I actually had to turn down the bass on the factory head unit. I know there are plenty of threads about this but thought I'd add mine to the mix. Yes, I had to trim some ribbing off the interior of the woofer housing. It also kind of wedges up against the relief in the box for the storage compartment. It fits, but tightly which is fine. I didn't cut the harness but made little spade stub outs with wire to connect to the speaker. I used the larger terminals as positive which best I can tell is correct. My speaker was too dead to try to test with a battery.

I pulled the console to fix this as well as the console door which tore out of the housing. Tomorrow I'm going to clean the housing and re-install it. I also have a new shifter boot which was ripped to install with all of this. Lots of improvements for just pulling the center console!

View attachment 188912

View attachment 188913

View attachment 188914

View attachment 188915
What quadratec product did you look at? I'm looking at this for my 2003 TJ.....any thoughts? https://www.quadratec.com/products/...MIvd3Ao4vp6wIVVR6tBh3sSwFREAQYASABEgKjuPD_BwE

Did it improve? What were your symptoms?

Definitely feels better. Was pulling to one side when taking off and slight vibration at around 65mph. After installing the winch and bumper, I never adjusted to compensate. Was hoping I could wait to get the OME springs installed, but being lazy doesn't pay up. Busy with work and rain.

Finally had a break in weather and a good window of time to get it done and grease everything up.

Finally justified the 934 OME springs and bought an 8274 to hang on the front end of this thing. Hell of a deal, and I’ll pick it up in the next day or two.

Picked the winch up today. Works great, complete with an original CJ winch plate (with lights) and I bought it from the original owner. I'm going to try to sell the CJ plate before modifying it to work on the TJ. The winch itself should clean up well. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it mounted!

IMG_2453.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Picked the winch up today. Works great, complete with an original CJ winch plate (with lights) and I bought it from the original owner. I'm going to try to sell the CJ plate before modifying it to work on the TJ. The winch itself should clean up well. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it mounted!

View attachment 189929

How heavy is that thing?

Receive my Morryde tailgate hinge reinforcement kit and started the install.

And stripped out the 2nd to the last torx bolt when trying to remove the stock hinges...

Pit it all back together for the day as I figured I was no longer in the right frame of mind to continue at the moment.

Converted my transfer case shifter from the stock TJ style handle to more of the CJ look. Finished it off with a RockKnob from Moab. The shifter rock my Son got me 6 years back for Fathers Day. Just a bit more worn than the new one. With my Savvy transfer case cable it shifts like butter now.
5F05A930-CD3F-4466-8E31-577459AC3AF5.jpeg

Receive my Morryde tailgate hinge reinforcement kit and started the install.

And stripped out the 2nd to the last torx bolt when trying to remove the stock hinges...

Pit it all back together for the day as I figured I was no longer in the right frame of mind to continue at the moment.
Do you have a welder? Mine stripped out when installing the morrdye and I welded a nut to the bolt.
20200519_201153.jpg
20200519_202157.jpg
20200519_202224.jpg