What did you do to your TJ today?

What quadratec product did you look at? I'm looking at this for my 2003 TJ.....any thoughts? https://www.quadratec.com/products/...MIvd3Ao4vp6wIVVR6tBh3sSwFREAQYASABEgKjuPD_BwE

I was just looking at the factory console subwoofer replacement:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_1001.htm
Do you have an aftermarket head unit with preamp outputs for the sub? If so, I think the kicker box you are looking at should work well. That being said, I'm not the first guy to go to for car audio.
I was just looking to replace the factory sub with something better that would give me options should I upgrade the head unit and factory sub amp, etc. This is why I went with the kicker speaker instead of the quadratec shown above.

Put in LED bulbs and an LM470 relay. Parking light LEDs still made everything go haywire. As soon as I swapped regular bulbs into the parking lights, everything worked fine. I thought it was the small side marker lights in the fender flares that couldn't handle LED bulbs and the front parking lights were ok? Just running tail light and reverse light LEDs for now.

I also added some taillight guards.

20200914_192710.jpg

20200914_192722.jpg

And here I am debating on putting my back windows back in. LOL I've been working nights do to covid, and it is pretty cool in the mornings. Ahh, one more week. LOL
It only take about 10 mins for the TJ to shed its Winter coat ready for sunny days and 20 min to wrap it back up again for the cooler days haha......Im sure my neighbour across the street is laughing at me haha

Last edited:
How heavy is that thing?

Very?

Quadratec says the new ones are 110 lb with wire rope and a roller fairlead and 39 lb for the TJ mount. The CJ mount is narrower but the front plate is bigger, so that’s probably a wash.

I’ll save some when I switch to synthetic line and a hawse fairlead. Not sure where I’ll end up for a bumper/mount combo. So I guess I’ll stick with my first answer.

Very.

Reactions: matkal
Very?

Quadratec says the new ones are 110 lb with wire rope and a roller fairlead and 39 lb for the TJ mount. The CJ mount is narrower but the front plate is bigger, so that’s probably a wash.

I’ll save some when I switch to synthetic line and a hawse fairlead. Not sure where I’ll end up for a bumper/mount combo. So I guess I’ll stick with my first answer.

Very.

Wow. That is very heavy! I used to have a dirtworx front bumper and no winch. When I decided to put a winch on (M8000, ~50lb, synthetic rope), I specifically chose to get a lighter bumper (Savvy front bumper, no hoop) so that I could remain nearly neutral in weight. Even with that, we had to add spacers in the front in my new suspension build to get the travel I was looking to obtain.

Make sure you look into the front suspension carefully with all that weight. 8274 is a great winch but the weight is something to really keep in mind.

Replaced the front track bar bushing today. I didn’t remove the track bar so I went with a Moog K3176 two piece polyurethane bushing. The only thing I didn’t like was the amount of play in the bolt sleeve, a lot more that the stock bushing. I used a air hammer to chisel out the old bushing, it gave a good fight. Also greased all the fittings with some Red “N” Tacky while I was under there.

21DD0E1F-6523-4809-B9FB-C0FCDD929D27.jpeg

F8F89305-0996-438F-B648-FD67C6B1888A.jpeg

Really underestimated how tires make a huge difference while driving as far as comfort goes. Maybe it’s just me but picked up some new Milestar Patagonia’s for the Jeep and my ride is so much smoother now. I also swapped out the wheels from Mickey Thompson’s to Rubicon Moabs. So far so good!

View attachment 170225
Thinking about picking these same tires up...like them still? 265/75/16 or 285/75/16...thanks nash

Installed the SpeedoDRD-J1 to calibrate the speedometer. Just disconnect the speed sensor plug on the transfer case and put this harness between the two ends. It includes about 6' of cable to get in into a spot that will not get wet etc but nothing needs to be connected on the other end. The model J-1 is what I got and it says it is for all TJ's and LJ's. I temporarily zip tied it near the transfer case to get a test drive. Works great.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303331484038

View attachment 189694

Goes in this connector which I believe is the same for ALL TJ's

View attachment 189692

Zip tied in its temporary, unprotected spot.

View attachment 189693

These are the simple calibration directions I got off their website. I recently zeroed then recorded my trip odometer and GPS after about 70 miles to find out my trip odometer was 13.9% lower than GPS miles so I used that number for correction.

View attachment 189695
Thanks for sharing you speedo calibration solution! I've needed a solution for over a year and I think I will give this a try!

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Replaced the front track bar bushing today. I didn’t remove the track bar so I went with a Moog K3176 two piece polyurethane bushing. The only thing I didn’t like was the amount of play in the bolt sleeve, a lot more that the stock bushing. I used a air hammer to chisel out the old bushing, it gave a good fight. Also greased all the fittings with some Red “N” Tacky while I was under there.

View attachment 190010

View attachment 190011
When that fails, get a Moog K7252 and a 14 mm bolt and start over. It will make an immediate difference in steering stability.

Reactions: TDB55
I don’t personally have a welder. I do have access to a welder though. However, I think I am going to try a hybrid of this with some JB Weld first and see if I can pull it off that way.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Chris , please change his Avatar to JB Welding Goats.

Also, be sure to watch "I will always love you" , Whitney Houston, Goat Edition on YouTube.

I installed an LED 3rd brake light bulb in RC, and saved the other one for @Hog , Mr. LED himself.

This has been my routine lately....

A hint of fall is in the air, and we all know it won't be long 'til the tops go on- so every day I'm leaving my truck at an employees place close to town, and driving my RinoCon in to his place to start the day, throwing the trail cover on it, then heading to work in my truck....then getting the Jeep later in the day to run errands and do bids, etc if the situation is right for it and driving the TJ home.

I won't work out of a Jeep much, I'm fairly image conscious and it just has no room ...plus I pull a loaded tool trailer (Google Andy's Amazing Trailer ,You Tube) . At the same time,there are times when I don't care what others think.

Tonight I picked up a car/Jeep nut buddy and took him to my little test trail...he loved it.

Also tore a roll bar pad a little ..tight trail..will stitch it up and put a tad of super glue on the thread ..this tJ likely never had the top off...the pads were flawless and true black, no fade.

I thoroughly enjoy my TJ's,and have enjoyed all my jeeps through the years....I always looked at being able to remove the top as a huge plus that you only get to enjoy part of the year...and boy I do.

I may make a mix cd of summer songs someday to listen to as the season ends...and let "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley end it.

Last edited:

View attachment 190010

View attachment 190011
A stock track bar costs under $50 and is much less work to replace. Advance Auto Drivewoks is rebranded Moog. IMO, if one bushing is bad, the other one will soon follow.

Thinking about picking these same tires up...like them still? 265/75/16 or 285/75/16...thanks nash
If I had to do it over again I would have went with 285/75/16 but I don’t have my desired lift kit installed. Overall the 265 looks great with no lift. As far as tire choice I still enjoy the milestar Patagonia’s M/T. Super comfortable and when the time is right I’ll replace them with the same tire just bigger size.