What did you do to your TJ today?

Weak moment. The best thing I can do these days is let them use it ..once ..then raise so much Cain about the carnage they are afraid to ask next time. It's pretty much at the point with them now.

My oldest got a gooseneck into the bed of my nice 2012 f250 last year.

Crushed a rear milk jug on something steep in my Blue Rubi I sold.

Got in water so deep he filled his front differentiatial on his Chevy 4x4

Got about 20 tickets

Pulled out in front of a guy, flipped him.

Creamed a workers tuck in my 280z. I got mad and sold the car immediately.

Backed into my daughter's car.

My youngest tore the door off his accord.

Hit a lady in my work van.

Hit someone in his truck.

Backed into the oldest ones truck

Tore the neighbors mailbox down with a flatbed

Got 2 tickets in one day, one at 90 mph...in my van

Backed into his mom's car.

Jackknifed a trailer into my van.

Hit one of my workers trucks.

This is all in about the last year or two.
Not to hijack the thread, but how does Driver Education work in Alabama?

Installed my new headlights this morning! :D

I wasn't going to go with halos, but the only other LED headlight that I kind of liked, I didn't like the over all looks of it. It was the one that has several little LED lights in it. Instead of a halo that stayed on, the center stayed on. I liked it from a distance on the vehicle I saw it on, but just couldn't get passed all the little LED lights in it. So I figured what the heck, I have halos on my VW bus and on my F100, might as well do it to the Jeep too. LOL I went with this particular headlight because I liked how it blinked orange when the turn signal is on.

I did the install all by my lonesomes!! :D I tied into a fuse in the fuse box under the hood for the halo power, then tied into the turn signals on each side under the hood. Not to bad of a process. I had to remove the horns on the one side to get to the wiring loom and my winch power box on the other side. If it wasn't for those two things being in the way it would have been a lot faster. :D

Before,

FF58ED97-A659-4008-B318-F0DAA0B9C73C.jpeg

36E0750C-7AB1-4C16-B20B-BCB60043883F.jpeg

Here is one old one and one LED.

6FC40A46-2604-4B1E-A7E3-086DF050C9A8.jpeg

both LED

A589C52E-5714-4B25-9BDF-23549EA86FD8.jpeg

The even work! Hopefully the video loads, not sure about the new software here on the site, for uploading it.

Now I just need to adjust them. I will try to do that later tonight. Oh, and I forgot to take an "after" pic of the lights being off. I will do that another time and come edit this post. :D

I ended up with Halos by accident, I shouldn't be allowed on the internet after a few Saturday night cocktails (do they make a breathalyzer for computers?) but I decided to just run them anyway because the stock bulbs SUCK
I need to get around to plumbing the Halos
DSCN0820[1].jpg

My dad and I replaced the leaking front axle seals. Didn't really see anything wrong with the old seal. There was a very slight worn place on the axle shafts where the seals came in contact. The aftermarket seals ride in a slightly different location on the axle shafts, so I guess that should stop the leak. Hopefully good for another 200,000 miles.

FYI, The hub to knuckle bolts won't take 175 ft. lbs. of torque. This is what happens if you get in a hurry and look at step 6 instead of step 5 in the Service Manual procedure on how to install the Hub Bearings. Step 5 says the proper torque is 75 ft lbs. The first hub to knuckle bolt held at 175 ft. lbs. The second one snapped off. Napa had a metric bolt that was the correct thread and length until the ones I ordered come in.

Reactions: j8ksdad and Zorba
Lately I haven't done much but drive it. Today I hosed all the summers dust out of the inside, cleaned the dash real good, vacuumed the seats and put the carpet back in. I did this getting ready to put the hardtop back on when the body shop got it painted.

As luck would have it I got a call from them saying it was ready for pick up. I drove to the shop and they set it on. I had been thinking all summer about an idea I had and finally went for. After seeing it on my Jeep I could not be more pleased with my decision, I had it painted body color inside and out. I know it's not for everyone but I like it.
IMG_2286[1].JPG

Lately I haven't done much but drive it. Today I hosed all the summers dust out of the inside, cleaned the dash real good, vacuumed the seats and put the carpet back in. I did this getting ready to put the hardtop back on when the body shop got it painted.

As luck would have it I got a call from them saying it was ready for pick up. I drove to the shop and they set it on. I had been thinking all summer about an idea I had and finally went for. After seeing it on my Jeep I could not be more pleased with my decision, I had it painted body color inside and out. I know it's not for everyone but I like it.View attachment 199406
Cool move.

Attempted to remove rear shocks only to have 3-4 bolts snap. Currently researching ways around this problem.
I broke all mine too a couple years ago when I did my lift. My first experience working on the Jeep and boy, was I sad to have my first job really test my will! It took me a couple days of researching what to do before I got the nerve to do what I did. I figured there’s enough holes in the frame, what’s a couple more going to hurt.
I’m not suggesting that this is the way to go but it worked for me. I found a video on YouTube where someone else did it and recorded it. It’s easier than a lot of other options. Sorry about the quality of the photo, I zoomed in so you could see it better. Grade 8 bolts with nylon thread nuts on the backside. If you do go this route, measure a few times to make sure you drill the right spots!
1603938993574.jpeg

Best of luck on whatever you decide to do!

My '03, which is my "TJ I'm in a serious relationship with" went to Cole's today for its annual checkup.

The idea was to take a little of the money I saved working on it and have a pro look it over. This guy is exceptional. I'm talking fixes things dealers can't. He's astounded us.

Another way of saying it is I'm paying him to check my work, or fix what I missed or messed up.

He pulls the tires, notices my rear wheel studs are short (I've heard of other 03 Rubis having short ones) pulls the axles, does new seals , bearings and longer studs, catches that my new pinion angle has the buckets hitting the shocks, so we grind the buckets per @Jerry Bransford and others,checks my pinion angle, axle centers, rotated tires , changes the oil and checks the coolant. I can't say enough about this kid. He deleted my 6.7 diesel, fixed my ol ' 03 powerstroke, pulled a Honda dash for my son and fixed an a/c component, and on and on. Jeep is back in one day, $391 bucks.

Love the Johnny joints, so pleased with how it drives.

Next on the list is the factory type switch to run the rear auxiliary lights, thanks to @Mountaineer Tom suggesting that.

I'm thinking ahead, wondering if 10.5 inch wide tires vs my 12.5 wide KO2's is the way I want to go next time. I like the way Dura Tracs look.

Why is it we can be 100 percent satisfied with a set of tires, then change course when we buy the next set??