What did you do to your TJ today?

Started taking the cover off this morning and found this guy making himself at home.
Rubi yoda (2).jpg

Last edited:
I put my jeep in the shop today :cry:. Has high idle after it warms up and cannot solve it for the life of me. Replaced vacuum lines, checked all bolts on intake, cleaned and finally replaced IAC valve but NOTHING!

So I have a local shop here that does really good work, so hopefully these guys can find what I missed.

I put my jeep in the shop today :cry:. Has high idle after it warms up and cannot solve it for the life of me. Replaced vacuum lines, checked all bolts on intake, cleaned and finally replaced IAC valve but NOTHING!

So I have a local shop here that does really good work, so hopefully these guys can find what I missed.
Good luck. I have a mechanic 2 miles away that does great work and he's honest too. I get him to do work for me that I don't want to do. Usually in the winter. :) I tell him how long it takes me to do the job and then see what he says. It was too cold to replace my motor mounts on my XJ and I brought it to him. I told him I could do them in an hour, so he charged me $85. I can live with that.

Spent 10 minutes looking for my 13mm wrench and torx bit I keep separately to remove/install the doors. I knew I put them some place that made lots of sense but forgot what that was. I could have used a different 13mm wrench and I have other torx bits but I wanted to find those particular ones. Found them in the drivers door pocket

Last edited:
Spent 10 minutes looking for my 13mm wrench and torx bit I keep separately to remove/install the doors. I knew I put them some place that made lots of sense but forgot what that was. I could have used a different 13mm wrench and I have other torx bits but I wanted to find those particular ones. Found them in the drivers door pocket
weird! I have NEVER lost my 13mm. Now 10mm is a TOTALLY different story. Every time I am at lowes or home depot, I always pick up another one because I know that I will need it before too long. LOL

Someone got a good deal on that one.(y) I've never understood the appeal of hard tops. Heavy, makes the Jeep look MORE like a shoe box and are a slight PITA to remove and install without scratching something. Everyone says "they keep it warmer in the winter, they're more quiet and secure". My heater never gets above medium (usually low) in below zero weather or my feet get 2nd degree burns and my clothes get wet from sweating. I drive for a living and have to keep my windows rolled down while driving for 3 hours straight every night. Even driving in 3' of snow one year, my heater still was too hot on high. My sailcloth top is plenty quiet for me. I wish it was louder so I could tell the wife to stop talking because I can't hear her over the top noise.🤫 As for more secure, I can open the doors on any Jeep in less then a minute. So can the wrecker driver or locksmith people call when they lock their keys in a car. Myth Busters Jeep Edition.
I agree. But i have not lived north yet with my Jeep. My heater is the same way. Turns me into jerky on high. We are moving back to WA soon. Wondering how different it is in rain with a hard top vs soft. Still a pain tho. As i have to go topless in summer. Otherwise why have a Jeep?

Well crap. Tested the winch, with fail. Apparently, something's up with the brushes as a direct jump doesn't appear to run the motor - although I was jerry rigged to the point of craziness, so I'll have to come up with a better test lashup to confirm. Of course, can't do it today...

I agree. But i have not lived north yet with my Jeep. My heater is the same way. Turns me into jerky on high. We are moving back to WA soon. Wondering how different it is in rain with a hard top vs soft. Still a pain tho. As i have to go topless in summer. Otherwise why have a Jeep?
I live just north of Seattle... I see no actual need for a hard top. Even on snow runs up in the mountains, or on the rainiest of days it's very warm and dry in our Jeep. :)

Love those senior moments!

I live just north of Seattle... I see no actual need for a hard top. Even on snow runs up in the mountains, or on the rainiest of days it's very warm and dry in our Jeep. :)
My sister lives in lake forest park. And my mom in everett. My mother was raised in bothell. My uncle taught junior and high school in bothell.

Im not to worried about my soft top. Its a nos oem sailcloth.

Someone got a good deal on that one.(y) I've never understood the appeal of hard tops. Heavy, makes the Jeep look MORE like a shoe box and are a slight PITA to remove and install without scratching something. Everyone says "they keep it warmer in the winter, they're more quiet and secure". My heater never gets above medium (usually low) in below zero weather or my feet get 2nd degree burns and my clothes get wet from sweating. I drive for a living and have to keep my windows rolled down while driving for 3 hours straight every night. Even driving in 3' of snow one year, my heater still was too hot on high. My sailcloth top is plenty quiet for me. I wish it was louder so I could tell the wife to stop talking because I can't hear her over the top noise.🤫 As for more secure, I can open the doors on any Jeep in less then a minute. So can the wrecker driver or locksmith people call when they lock their keys in a car. Myth Busters Jeep Edition.
Funny thing when you have driven for a living, its almost impossible to drive any vehicle unless the windows are open. when I am in a car with my wife the entire trip is a game of windows up window down! I do though have industrial hearing loss from having the drivers window open my entire life.

Turned it on to go to work and check engine light went off. It has been steady for the past 3 months. P0301 issue. Maybe the new distributor pick up solved the problem after all.

Last edited:
I drove the two miles to work today, crawled underneath to look at the front drive shaft since I haven’t gotten the synchronization correct with the savvy cable shifter.

realized my body mounts weren’t installed. Too much going on ugh. Grabbed a ratchet from a tool box and got them tightened up at work.

62853867366--73CFC9D4-87D6-4129-9A61-2908CC92C182.jpg

IMG-8751.jpg

Spent several hours driving up Nate Harrison Grade in Pauma Valley, CA off Hwy 76,
The trail is a 17 mile drive where you increase almost 4000' in elevation and end up at the back of Palomar Mountain State Park.
Gorgeous scenery with temperatures in the 40s during the day and in the 20s at night.

Last edited: