What did you do to your TJ today?

Yup, did this today.

F82250B2-43EE-4E65-A025-05BC60075D28.jpeg

A407836D-3D20-467F-9C69-569F1197C6FB.jpeg

Not a Southern Girl, but as a Texas boy I can confirm, we also say Ya'll with doesn't trip many people up, but for some reason "all Ya'll" really confuses ya'll. oh and Howdy is actually used... if you get "un-sweet tea" you are a creature from hell, and If you ask for tea, you better be expecting iced tea that is so sweet you can feel the sugar grit between your teeth. yes, there is about a 1:1 ratio for pickups to any other vehicle on the road.. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, oh, and yes if you piss someone off enough they will shoot you, and we won't see anything.

Questions? 😂
You left out grits....

Reactions: John Cooper
True story, back when I was driving a truck for a living, my wife went with me to Saint Louis. We stop at a Hen House restaurant in Illinois just outside of SL. Spent the night and went in for breakfast the next morning she orders Grits.... Waitress was like Mam what is Grits, man we still laugh about that!!

I thought he was joking. I was born and raised in VT and CT and now living in VA. It's donuts everywhere I know of. "Cookies" is from the Limp Biscuit song "Nookie". We all know what that refers too. That's why "FISH TACO" on here confused me with his screen name. That's a lesbian's favorite meal where I live. ;)

p.s. Chris, feel free to delete anything I post. I still can't get used to the no F#@Ki*g profanity filter here. HEY! Was I just filtered?😷
Its my email as well! I get some shocked people when I read out my email address, one telco operator asked how the hell did I get that email address? lol If I tried now I wouldnt be able to get it but had it since internet beginnings lol

True story, back when I was driving a truck for a living, my wife went with me to Saint Louis. We stop at a Hen House restaurant in Illinois just outside of SL. Spent the night and went in for breakfast the next morning she orders Grits.... Waitress was like Mam what is Grits, man we still laugh about that!!
You should try Chitlings with Grits for breakfast 'Who Dat"

I think we need an English dialect threat in off topic but since we're here I'll just add that the only thing I ever heard about chitlins was that you never eat them unless your grandma is who made them because nobody else should be trusted to do it right. The best part is that I've heard that from a few different people that may not even know each other so it's gotta be true.

I think we need an English dialect threat in off topic but since we're here I'll just add that the only thing I ever heard about chitlins was that you never eat them unless your grandma is who made them because nobody else should be trusted to do it right. The best part is that I've heard that from a few different people that may not even know each other so it's gotta be true.
On my visits to NOLA in the past while in USA some motels cook them up really early in the am, they stink the place out! ya all can keep ya chitlins! lol

I am from Oregon, the military brought me to Alabama through Tennessee and Virginia. My mom is from Kansas city and I mairried a southern Mississippi girl. Whenever I talk on the phone to my brother he laughs at how I talk for the words I use and the way I sound. I haven't had chitlins or smelt them cooking. But Cat head biscuits and tomato gravy I will not turn down. Collard greens and corn bread dressing I stay away from. The only grits to eat are the cheese grits and fried is the main way to cook anything. Out of all that, the Mountains are the only thing that calls my name, unless I am at the beach!

oh, I looked at my Jeep today and will drive it to work later. ;)

I was in basic at Ft Knox the first time I saw someone put sugar on their grits. I had grown up putting butter, salt and pepper on mine. The thought of sweet grits still gives me the heebie jeebies.
If it was in October of 82, it probably was me. The first time having grits was at Knox during Basic training, and of course you want to eat everything on your plate so I poured the sugar on. Wasn't bad, and from then on I also added syrup. Got razzed pretty good by the southern guys.