What did you do to your TJ today?

The brake line on the driver's side is fine again, i don't dare to work on the passenger's side it will also break.

20201216_150426.jpg

On my visits to NOLA in the past while in USA some motels cook them up really early in the am, they stink the place out! ya all can keep ya chitlins! lol
Some hillbilly I worked construction with tried to get me to eat squirrel brains in milk gravy. He said the squirrel was freshly killed. He probably scraped it off the road. 😟

Moved the jeep to the backyard for storm prep. Took the york out of the basement to see what kind of bracket I'm going to need to fab up. After reading so many 6 cylinder installs you can see I thought I was gonna have more room towards the fire wall lol need to spin the discharge around.

20201216_142632.jpg

If it was in October of 82, it probably was me. The first time having grits was at Knox during Basic training, and of course you want to eat everything on your plate so I poured the sugar on. Wasn't bad, and from then on I also added syrup. Got razzed pretty good by the southern guys.
It was in October....of 87. I'm sure we still trained in the same WW2 barracks as you.

got an on and off p0031, p0037, p0051, p0057 code recently and sat down to backprobe my heaters.
im not on an iso supply but that still doesnt look like what i would expect to see on a cold engine.

IMG_20201216_164050.jpg

its starting to look like i might be getting a PCM under the tree...

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
got an on and off p0031, p0037, p0051, p0057 code recently and sat down to backprobe my heaters.
im not on an iso supply but that still doesnt look like what i would expect to see on a cold engine.

View attachment 211145
its starting to look like i might be getting a PCM under the tree...

Don't take it off life support...……….

maxresdefault.jpg

TJ currently has painted flares, but they are not in the greatest of shape.

bCBoD0jh.jpg
2q22ehsh.jpg

picked up some very nice ones a while back and got the first couple of coats of paint on them today

VhdMlrNh.jpg

When I went to remove the old ones some of the screws spun, so I need to remove the inner fender wells to get to the backside of the screw to remove. I need some of the following to complete the project as I am sure these will probably break trying to remove them. Anyone know of a good source. I have found them and they are cheap, but the shipping is about more than double the price of the parts.

MVrwwDXh.jpg

TJ currently has painted flares, but they are not in the greatest of shape.

View attachment 211192View attachment 211193

picked up some very nice ones a while back and got the first couple of coats of paint on them today

View attachment 211194

When I went to remove the old ones some of the screws spun, so I need to remove the inner fender wells to get to the backside of the screw to remove. I need some of the following to complete the project as I am sure these will probably break trying to remove them. Anyone know of a good source. I have found them and they are cheap, but the shipping is about more than double the price of the parts.

View attachment 211195
Check ACE hardware. They have a whole section with panel clips and fasteners.

Finally made the appointment to have my P0462 code looked at.

So far:
- Replaced fuel pump/sending unit with a Delphi
- Inspected the plug/wiring at the pump when installed
- Inspected the wiring/harness from the tank to the VSS
- Inspected the wiring/harness from the firewall to the PCM
- Unplugged and inspected the PCM plugs C2 & C3

Every time I start up, I get the CEL and the fuel gauge shows pegged empty. If I clear the code prior to start-up, no CEL and the gauge is pretty accurate. At this point it has to be a wire issue between the tank and PCM I haven't found yet or the PCM itself.

So I'm at my wit's end, and with snow on the ground as of today, my interest in climbing in and going hand-over-hand on the harness again is less than zero. I give up.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt