What did you do to your TJ today?

Took it home.

My 2.5l TJ got totaled in a rear end accident.

Upgraded to a LJ rubicon manual.

E7B775B4-09C0-4E93-9CCA-F177393D0A31.jpeg

Last edited:
Please don’t ban him, @Jerry Bransford, please don’t ban him...
Uh oh, I saw that too. Chris , watch for an interoffice memo... What in the world do people think is going on... That you can just get a TJ and just do whatever you want to to it with no regard for the rules?

The next thing you know we'll have a forum where people just ask questions and post pictures and stuff.

Let's just keep on and ruin the whole deal.

Last edited:
SYE install 'completed' today. Gotta get a torque wrench with capability over 150 ft/lbs before the yoke goes on. Leaning CDI or Precision Instruments based on research to get a better than standard consumer torque wrench. I'm on my second Craftsman torque wrench and done with them.

After all the comments on the importance of good snap ring pliers for an SYE, it was a decent set of lock ring pliers that I picked up today that made the mission possible! An hour fucking around with the lock rings and snap ring pliers was solved by a trip to the store for proper lock ring pliers.

That was after this morning I picked up a new set of individualized snap ring pliers to replace my HF 'swap the head out' snap ring pliers before jumping into the project.

I'm going to be about equal on tools cost to parts cost for this part of the upgrade.... At least the tool chest depth growing isn't as bad as when my belt line grows. ;)
Did you end up with the icon set of ring pliers?

Nice looking stockish LJR. What is up with the hood scoop?
Silver is in my top 3 colors.
I am not a fan of the hood scoop but it might have to stay til I get a new hood.

It is “functional” in that it has a hole cut in the hood under the scoop and a plastic vent going to the stock intake box.

Poking around it today I found an ARB twin compressor under the hood. It has helper bags all around.

Did you end up with the icon set of ring pliers?
Picked up Craftsman snap Ring pliers while at Lowe's grabbing bolts to get off the harmonic balancer.

Lock ring pliers were an Advance Auto pickup (Performance Tools). HF is 40 min away and there's an Autozone and Advance about 5 mins down the road. They worked.

Picked up Craftsman snap Ring pliers while at Lowe's grabbing bolts to get off the harmonic balancer.

Lock ring pliers were an Advance Auto pickup (Performance Tools). HF is 40 min away and there's an Autozone and Advance about 5 mins down the road. They worked.
Do you recall the one that worked the best? The one I have in my wishlist is a $30 Proto. Seems steep for a one time use.

Do you recall the one that worked the best? The one I have in my wishlist is a $30 Proto. Seems steep for a one time use.
Performance tool was on the order of $17 at Advance and worked. I can snap a pic when I get home if it'd help.

The chances of that being needed only one time is pretty slim and $30 is more than $17 but I doubt that USA made Proto will ever NOT work while the $17 chinesse tool may not get you through this job.

Heck if you really only want to use the Proto once, I bet several people out there would be happy to buy it off you for $20 which brings your cost down to $10.

Two more firsts today:

Changed front differential fluid and installed lube locker gasket on Dana30.

Changed spark plugs
I have read that looking at the old plugs may tell you if you are having underlying engine issues. Old plugs look ok to me, anyone see anything worth noting here?

BD4CB8FE-F0B5-4A2D-A0BC-6EB434D8D93A.jpeg

Great weekend of projects. Basically did a change of all fluids except coolant, my mechanic is going to do a full flush and fill for me when I get it inspected in the next few weeks. I have done transmission fluid, transfer case, engine oil and filter and both differentials.
What next??