What did you do to your TJ today?

Working on the suspension and steering, trying to get rid of our wobble!

BD021EDD-3D9C-4B5A-AB42-1D9D95467539.jpeg

DC841BDD-A412-4CD8-800E-2D4C98791997.jpeg

5E6AEFDD-82A9-4D85-93A1-BC0C88D2F2B4.jpeg

SYE install 'completed' today. Gotta get a torque wrench with capability over 150 ft/lbs before the yoke goes on. Leaning CDI or Precision Instruments based on research to get a better than standard consumer torque wrench. I'm on my second Craftsman torque wrench and done with them.

After all the comments on the importance of good snap ring pliers for an SYE, it was a decent set of lock ring pliers that I picked up today that made the mission possible! An hour fucking around with the lock rings and snap ring pliers was solved by a trip to the store for proper lock ring pliers.

That was after this morning I picked up a new set of individualized snap ring pliers to replace my HF 'swap the head out' snap ring pliers before jumping into the project.

I'm going to be about equal on tools cost to parts cost for this part of the upgrade.... At least the tool chest depth growing isn't as bad as when my belt line grows. ;)

Haven't been very active on the forum the past several weeks; I have been very busy painting and doing projects before moving into the house I purchased in Jacksonville, FL this past December.
During a recent visit to Port Charlotte I noticed the clutch pedal was getting lower and lower before the clutch would disengage and the clutch master cylinder was making strange noises when the pedal was depressed.
The problem became so bad that I had to start the Jeep in gear and apply the brakes to control its movement. This is when I stopped driving the Jeep and ordered an OEM Mopar clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder assembly.
The part arrived 9 days later which I installed this morning about 0630 while the temperatures were cool (<60*).
The removal of the old assembly and installation of the new assembly took about an hour including moving the cruise control servo out of the way to remove the old clutch mc.
The clutch mc that I removed was the original which was 20+ years old.
The clutch disengage/engage works very smoothly now.

How's the road noise on the grabbers? I'm considering those fit my next set of tires. Curious how loud they are compared to an AT?
To me there are not noisy at all. On the highway, with no doors and no top you can hear them hum.
In normal mode with a roof and doors they are no louder than a stock all-terrain to my ears.

I usually tow my jeep if I’m going for a weekend so I’m not terribly concerned about the loudness of them. But even if I daily drove it I don’t think it would be a problem at all.

Wow I woulda thought it was more. That's the standard lift everybody starts with. 99.9% sure what I'm gonna get for mine. I like the 31s for daily driving vs a bigger tire.

Are you happy with how it drives and handles on the road?
It rides and drives just perfectly fine. I don’t really noticed any difference over how it was stock when I bought it a few months ago.

It’s not my daily driver, and I usually tow it if I’m going for wheeling weekend. But in my opinion it would be perfectly fine as a daily driver

The OME 2.5” complete lift kit, OME steering stabilizer, 4 new bump stops, a set of Rocky-Road Outfitters super kick sliders are on back order. The phone / walk-in-talkie grab bar mount, metal grab handles, & dead pedal is on the way. Added 6” LED spot beam fog lamps, need to get some LED head lamps. Added a complete set of five Hercules M/T 31”x10.5xR15. Added the metal hide-a-trunk. Need to install the OEM console sub with a new subwoofer & amp, new speakers and amps for the dash & sound bar, and a new stereo this spring. Covid has put a fork in my plans still recovering. This way I am up at 2 am, metallic tasting foam acid reflux that I didn’t have before. I cannot decide on which stereo to go with. I also added a seven pin connection into the factory bumper. Looks good but need to check the connections. Sometimes reverse lights stay on, other times they turn off. I need to install the factory cruise control parts I bought. That sums it up. Will take pictures as installs happen. Oh an the 6” LED fog lamps will eventually move to the factory location and two more 6” spot beam fog lamps or a 20” LED flood light bar will go on the KC Hightlights grill guard bar.Also twin switch bezel is going to happen even if I have to order two more factory switch bezels to mate together.

View attachment 229041

View attachment 229042
WDE!

Reactions: Chief Brohician
Installed my Cobra 75 WX CB....it doesn't work with my PA ...I was so deflated....now I can't do my " my name is Chris and I run the Wrangler TJ forum and I'm not wearing any pants" routine on it at Jeep events.

@Hog scored me some half door panels (everyone hit the hug button)

@Chief Brohican came up... brought his sweet JL Sahara and off road camper ....so cool. Super guy...we have plans for his nice Sport he's building.

Last edited:
I pulled out that front drive shaft to test the source of vibrations I’ve been experiencing. I’m astonished at the result, up to at least 90mph, no vibrations. Its unbelievable, I’ve had it for over a year and never imagined it could be so smooth at those speeds.

Addressing this will be the single biggest improvement I’ve made to my Jeep. There are so many great off-road opportunities 2-4 hours away from me that seemed daunting to drive that long at highway speeds with all the vibration I had.

I kept the drive shaft off for now while I finalize my plans, but most likely I will do the Yukon locking hub conversion kit (YA-WU-07). I will also get the driveshaft balanced (or maybe a new one) just in case that was the cause so it won’t be an issue in the future while I’m in 4WD.

I also went ahead and removed those tube steps a previous owner had installed. Much cleaner look now. I set up a pair of stirrups attached to the bottom of the front seats that I can drop out the door if someone short needs help getting in the Jeep.

Last night I ordered the NorthStar AGM Marine Battery that others here have recommended (NSB-AGM24M). It should arrive in a few days.

Reactions: L J