What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced mine a year or two ago with a cheap one that looked like rubber, nearly shook the fillings out of my teeth; I'd spend the extra couple bucks on the Mopar one, literally 100% elimination of transmission related vibrations, worth every single penny.
Was hoping some of my clunking sounds would be solved by replacing it, so it was worth the $20 to determine that wasn’t the cause. Eventually I’ll replace it with a new mopar one but didn’t have the funds right now

New guy here. Just picked up my new-to-me 1998 Sport last week and have been busy fixing little things.

Might've gotten the days a little mixed up, but roughly it has been...

Day 1: Fluids. Clutch, oil, brakes, transmission, transfer case, and power steering. Left the differential fluids alone because the front D50 and rear Dana 60 were built/installed less than 10k miles ago by previous owner.

Day 2: New front bump stops. Tire rotation. Replaced one wheel stud. Tried and half-succeeded at adjusting parking brakes; can't get the right side to fully grab without dragging on release. Changed spark plugs, ran compression test. Wrapped steering wheel with cheap leather stitching kit; took four hours but got a surprisingly decent result.

Day 3: Checked A/C; no leaks but was super low on refrigerant. Filled up to spec. Added dash camera. Removed some ugly stickers and decals.

Day 4: Took it wheeling. Almost rolled it. Had a blast.

Day 5: Adjusted transfer case linkage. Installed new battery terminals (but they seem super cheap and likely to fail, so I have another style of new ones on order already). Removed hideous Amazon-junk fog lights and light bar.

Day 6 (today): Installed Quadratec floor liners. Had to cut notches up front to get around the full cage inside. Not sure that I'm a fan, but will see if they grow on me.

Still have quite a few things to address, and a bunch of stuff coming in the mail over the course of the next week. But, all in all, it's a great build and a great rig. Owned a 2018 JL Rubicon prior to this (and had a 4xe on order before I decided to go another direction due to delays), but this one has so much more panache.

Last edited:
Finished late last night - Gobi Stealth rack.

IMG_5158.jpeg

New guy here. Just picked up my new-to-me 1998 Sport last week and have been busy fixing little things.

Day 1: Fluids. Clutch, oil, power steering, brakes, transmission, transfer case, and power steering. Left the differential fluids alone because the front D50 and rear Dana 60 were built/installed less than 10k miles ago by previous owner.

Day 2: New front bump stops. Tire rotation. Replaced one wheel stud. Tried and half-succeeded at adjusting parking brakes; can't get the right side to fully grab without dragging on release. Changed spark plugs, ran compression test. Wrapped steering wheel with cheap leather stitching kit; took four hours but got a surprisingly decent result.

Day 3: Checked A/C; no leaks but was super low on refrigerant. Filled up to spec. Added dash camera. Removed some ugly stickers and decals.

Day 4: Took it wheeling. Almost rolled it. Had a blast.

Day 5: Adjusted transfer case linkage. Installed new battery terminals (but they seem super cheap and likely to fail, so I have another style of new ones on order already). Removed hideous Amazon-junk fog lights and light bar.

Day 6 (today): Installed Quadratec floor liners. Had to cut notches up front to get around the full cage inside. Not sure that I'm a fan, but will see if they grow on me.

Still have quite a few things to address, and a bunch of stuff coming in the mail over the course of the next week. But, all in all, it's a great build and a great rig. Owned a 2018 JL Rubicon prior to this (and had a 4xe on order before I decided to go another direction due to delays), but this one has so much more panache.

Welcome to the finest forum around! This place loves pictures.

Post some, so we have a visual of what you're working with.

I have to store my hardtop outside on a cart I built (using plans found on this forum), so I thought I would get a cover for it. I thought it would be an easy find, but no one seems to make one. I found a Custom Cover place online and sent them the dimensions and logo I wanted. Took just about a month.

20210513_111053s.jpg

What did I do to my TJ today? Nothing major. Just replaced the blown rear sound pod speakers with some 5.25” Kicker CS. Have the same pair for the dash; just waiting on the adapters from Amazon to show up. The previous owner put a POS head unit in and some Kenwoods overhead. Fronts speakers are oem mopar. The Kenwoods crumbled in my hand when I removed them. Looking at an Alpine head unit, but until then I’m hoping these Kickers will make somewhat of an improvement.

Both sound pods had some sort of rubber bushing that covers the stud that mounts in the roll bar. Yep....I lost both bushings by pushing them into the bar. Hopefully the pods don't rattle too much

In the vid i faded from rear to front to rear and wow what a difference. This ain’t no audiophile’s dream, but anything is better than what it was
edit: No vid...guess I can't load .mov vids Oh Well

B7A4AAEA-DCA0-4E67-8196-9FE669398210.jpeg

Last edited: