What did you do to your TJ today?

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon & painted my chrome headlight bezels black like almost everybody else here does. Now there is no chrome showing on the Jeep at all. I used a product by Rust-Oleum called “Peel Coat” that worked very well. If you paint something with it & don’t like the results or if you change your mind you can just peel it off. I used this stuff to paint that aluminum gas fill cover & it looked great until I spilled some gasoline on it & it started to peel. I’ve got that part being powder coated now. That peel off paint should be great for the headlight bezels.
It claims to be gloss black, but I think it turned out more semi-gloss which I like better anyway.

661B5205-A574-4C18-AFB9-343B56FB93F0.jpeg

6BFD5607-2DEC-45D9-A8D9-47A519D3C71F.jpeg

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon & painted my chrome headlight bezels black like almost everybody else here does. Now there is no chrome showing on the Jeep at all. I used a product by Rust-Oleum called “Peel Coat” that worked very well. If you paint something with it & don’t like the results or if you change your mind you can just peel it off. I used this stuff to paint that aluminum gas fill cover & it looked great until I spilled some gasoline on it & it started to peel. I’ve got that part being powder coated now. That peel off paint should be great for the headlight bezels.
It claims to be gloss black, but I think it turned out more semi-gloss which I like better anyway.

View attachment 255179

View attachment 255180
I bought the black bezels

Reactions: John Cooper
I like chrome and wish Jeep's weren't so cheep and had used more chrome.
I like chrome too - but not so much on a truck. The headlite bezels looked stupid being the only "chrome" thing on the vehicle. I bought new black bezels, and sold the chrome ones to someone here - who promptly painted them black!

Got it back from the shop. They charged me 1 hour per side for the front UCA axle bushing replacement. From the sound of it, they "made money" on the passenger side one, it came out "as smooth as butter" - but I apparently got my money's worth when they moved to the driver's side bushing - they had to take it out the hard way with a saw. It wasn't cheap to pay somebody else to do this, but I'm glad I did! "A man's gotta know his limitations..." I'm wondering if the ease they had with the passenger bushing was due to my attempts at removal helping things along...

But, to keep balance in the universe, now the old Mercedes has a problem. The water pump pulley is loose and wobbling - dunno if the end of the pump shaft is compromised somehow, or if its just loose or broken bolts. Was making a horrid racket. Thank Goddess I can do this one!

Wife's car needed new tires last month, and also had a chickenshit EGR O-ring failure. So they're all lining up for their turn - its been QUITE awhile since I've had to do work on any of our vehicles, and I'm really glad I have 3 for 2! Mercedes is backed into the garage and I can take my time getting it apart and fixing it.

My brother has them for his 2010 Rubi Haven't seen him run them yet, beach buggies were licenced without doors as were mini Mokes but just noticed he sold his hinge mirrors for doorless and bought some for his tube doors.
I am sure you can get away with doorless but it would be cop bait!
We have a small population here and cops have nothing better to do now especially unmanned portable speed cameras are everywhere!
Do you have them? they are built into a trailer and just get towed around and dropped off in different locations.
"

Road safety camera trailers​

Highly visible road safety camera trailers are deployed to high risk areas including highways and motorways, roadworks sites and school zones. Once the camera trailer is deployed and set up, its operation is managed and monitored remotely with daily checks.

To prevent theft and vandalism, the camera trailers have an extensive security and tracking system which monitors the camera trailer location 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are also fitted with 360 degree CCTV cameras, audible alarm systems and communications."

Reactions: Blondie70
That's crazy!

Are trail doors legal? Next best thing.
View attachment 255151
My brother has them for his 2010 Rubi Haven't seen him run them yet, beach buggies were licenced without doors as were mini Mokes but just noticed he sold his hinge mirrors for doorless and bought some for his tube doors.
I am sure you can get away with doorless but it would be cop bait!
We have a small population here and cops have nothing better to do now especially unmanned portable speed cameras are everywhere!
Do you have them? they are built into a trailer and just get towed around and dropped off in different locations.

"Road safety camera trailers​

Highly visible road safety camera trailers are deployed to high risk areas including highways and motorways, roadworks sites and school zones. Once the camera trailer is deployed and set up, its operation is managed and monitored remotely with daily checks.

To prevent theft and vandalism, the camera trailers have an extensive security and tracking system which monitors the camera trailer location 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are also fitted with 360 degree CCTV cameras, audible alarm systems and communications."

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Headlight retainer ring replaced. Two screws holding center dash added. Previous owner left those out I guess. Anti rock installed. Bumper and winch installed. Took it around town for a shakedown. Rides better with the anti rock. I like the flip open front of the soft top.

6BB065B2-9C71-4A89-A723-A4DF403AAD7E.jpeg

D9E98CC0-C4A5-4923-986C-0443E9B1FBC9.jpeg

95434BC1-ADDE-4C25-91C3-5584307D6269.jpeg

After I got back from the store, I grabbed a hammer from the garage & fixed the rear wiper.

Seems to have been just enough rust on the shaft to prevent the motor from turning it. A couple light taps freed it. I need to figure out the best way to keep it lubricated. Some kind of grease in there? White lithium?
Never underestimate the power of big hammer haha

Lucky old you! If I took my doors off it would be impounded by the first cops to notice it :(
That's not good ...If the sun is out my doors are off ...Cops wave over here.They wave like there trying to pull me over or something haha...oh ...wait....hang on...oops !! 😬

Last edited: