What did you do to your TJ today?

I attempted a shift into reverse at 60... Apparently been driving the golf R too much lately and was looking for 6th gear... Lovely noise, no damage.

30 years of driving manual's and that was a first for me!!

So that's what I did to my TJ today 😅
If you can't find it grind it! :cool:

Nothing crazy. Just some new Bosch wiper blades to replace the old ones.

image.jpg

After I got back from the store, I grabbed a hammer from the garage & fixed the rear wiper.

Seems to have been just enough rust on the shaft to prevent the motor from turning it. A couple light taps freed it. I need to figure out the best way to keep it lubricated. Some kind of grease in there? White lithium?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
What did you go with for the new third brake light, I’m thinking of getting a new one so i don’t have to lift my stock one up 2+ inches but can’t find any I like
Before I pulled my spare, I used an AEV CHMSL. Not cheap but very clean but easy enough to splice into the factory wiring. I’d post a pic, but it was subtle enough that you couldn’t really see it without the brakes being on.

Sold my 37" Trepadors (love the BFG Krawlers btw) installed my third alternator since the weekend. Got a bad reman out of the box from parts store, order a new one off Rock Auto and it actually charges!!! Replaced my fried amplifier with a warranty replacement from Crutchfield. Got a new Trektop NX in the mail so I can stop breaking my hard top against trees. Busy day today.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Installed a new track bar to get rid of the little shimmy. Think it did the trick. Replaced the bolt too (hard to see in this pic). I also got new tie rods, drag link and steering stabilizer to put in but might just keep them as spares for now. Rides good so why change it.

View attachment 254978

Autumn (Fall) here in NZ. Lots of leaves everywhere!
View attachment 254979

Some parts arrived today to keep me busy this weekend. New bulb for the under hood light, new wiper blades, and a new center cap for my spare wheel, I’ve got a round LED that I’m going to mount in the center cap to move my third brake light :)
Fucking London plain trees! Clogs the drains and causes road flooding! Non Deciduous trees is what the world needs, Bain of my life!