What did you do to your TJ today?

It looks from the picture that it is misaligned, but in reality it isn't. The issue is the fixings they include, bloody frustrating as it must save them a tenth of a cent but causes massive frustration. It may well put me off buying anything else from Crown.
Where did you find the Crown ones?

Where did you find the Crown ones?
Quadratec. Ordered them as part of a big order with my replacement soft top, that way shipping was negligible. When I ordered it was shown as an RT Off-road part, but now shows as Crown, though it still has an RT part number (RT28001).

At a the pump at a gas station !!!!! I mean at the pump. Yes sir !! You might be a jeepaholic if........

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Not today, but this weekend. Installed fender flare extensions- thanks @mrblaine for the hardware! Got the valve cover mounting stud that I snapped off a few weeks ago out way easier than I anticipated. Drained my interim Prestone coolant flush and put in some thermocure for my last stage. Will ride around this week and finish my cooling system work next weekend. Took my diff covers off (fluid was way overdue for change) and cleaned everything- the gears look good and no wearing or metal in the fluid. Painted the covers and going to reinstall tonight and fill. On the minus side, need to replace my passenger side sway bar linkage but now that I’m mostly done on the engine and fluids, suspension was my next step anyway.

Fixed my on board air where I fried the fuse link....I had to get air from @Hog And he was charging ridiculous prices ...
When I asked why he just grinned and said “you know,inflation”

Cleaned and cleaned and cleaned to get all the junk out from the ride and raised the carpet and all that to get it to dry out.

Secured my rearview mirror better it is a little different since it is A rearview mirror camera.

Put the straps on the half doors .

Drove it to my Father’s Day dinner...I’ve got great kids as Tommy Shaw famously said “The fun never ends as long as I’m buying“😀

Took my cousin out last night for a great after dark ride we drove till 1130- He is divorced and has been as good or better of a father divorced as I am married. He is like my brother and one of my favorite people to ride dirt bikes with ....he uses the trail and everything About 10 feet on either side.

I’m going to endeavor to post some pictures this evening relevant to this was thinking about posting a few things Saturday that I have come to appreciate on the vehicle.

My 2000 is at Elite Offroad in Birmingham getting evaluated for rear call overs and a four link rear and three link front...
Coil overs are in short supply and we will see how this all works out.

You know, my entire TJ ownership experience has been based on this Forum. If it weren’t for this forum, I likely would have sold it the first year out of disgust from being in the shop and fighting it.

Last edited:
Relay is fine. Now that it is quieter I can hear the pump priming. Wonder if the CPS went. I just installed a new one not even a year ago. I did have p0138 as one of the codes as well as p0300, p0301 and p0302 right after this "fueling issue" came up on friday.
CPS was installed March of last year. Maybe it did go. We shall see later today.

Reactions: John Cooper
$19 inc shipping in OZ from Amazon, would be cheaper in UK.

Price:$19.74
Sometimes I guess things happen for a reason.

Needed to know the details of the too short bolt and asked a friend if he had one of those thread size checking kits, no luck. But he mentioned an old fashioned hardware store a few miles away and suggested I try them. I must have driven and walked past the place a hundred times without knowing what it was. Dropped in with one of the too short bolts, guy behind the counter disappears our back for a few minutes then reappears with two bolts 1/4" longer than the one I had handed him. Not torx, but I have no issue that they are hex drive. Came home, new bolts fitted like a treat. Cost about $2.50.

I shall be popping back in one day soon with one of the grade 8 bolts from the bumper that I need a longer version of for the recovery hooks. Fingers crossed.

It always has been the unofficial state flag...
It's much better than the new Cali flag. They are taking away the right to bear arms. 😵 🤫 Who knew bear arms caused Cancer under Proposition 65 too. I can't wait until Caitlyn is the new governor.
Cali flag.jpg

Last edited:
Turned THIS:
View attachment 260766

...into THIS:
View attachment 260767

New Kentrol stainless steel liftgate hinges. The old cast aluminum (ZAMAC?) pair looked like they were going to let go at any moment!
I have no idea what my hinges are made of or if they are original or not. I'll have to inspect as I imagine these will be just another part that someday will be unavailable.

Reactions: Zorba
Popped in my Tom woods DC drive shaft and started hooking up the electricals for the air pump. I went with a covered switch to reduce the chance of locking the rear while cruising down the highway. Pinion angle is set at about 3* offset. Pretty fun arm wrestling with the control arms to get the bolts in.

There's not a lot of spare spline on that shaft.... I double checked my measurement and I gave Tom Woods the right number. Anyone think I should be concerned?

IMG_0529[1].JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting