What did you do to your TJ today?

Added a swingout tire carrier rear bumper. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about them and I was on the fence also. My wife said order one because she didn't like the look of its bare backside!!! Hey if she says buy Jeep parts who am I to argue!!!!View attachment 267940
Have you got some angry eyes hiding behind them tube bumpers? :)

Am I the only one who zooms in and looks around peoples shop when they post pics? :ROFLMAO:
Don't look to close at mine, I cleaned all the tools up and put them away when I finished, just not the jackstands or the floor jack, the small fan and other small things. I will do that after work today, we were in the mid 90's here today and had sweat dripping off me when I got done.

Finally picked up a pair of soft doors on a next to nothing deal. Good things come to those who wait…..and search like a madman on a daily basis lol
8AB3648F-F0AD-4D46-831C-57A720FBAA8F.jpeg
EA43B3F5-2EEE-4263-AD26-7E20277CA524.jpeg

I did test fit the top after installing the liner, and the only result I can verify is that the radio sound quality is greatly improved. My top hangs from the garage ceiling through the summer months and I will not realize any insulating benefits until colder weather arrives and I install the top.
While I was test fitting after liner install there was sort of a “warm” feeling while sitting in it, versus the prior unlined empty feeling if that makes sense.
I think it is going to be worth the cost and effort.

I picked up a Dana44 rear axle last month and the only thing missing were the axle shafts so I just picked these up. Hopefully I can get it together and put it in next month. The Dana 44 that I picked up is out of another TJ but the only thing is the rear brakes are drum and my Dana 35 has disc brakes

AXLE.jpg

media.jpg

Finally got the correct tool to replace the oil pressure sensor, since I had the deal where occasionally when I came to a hard stop the pressure would fall to zero, which is a problem I've had since the day I bought it. Common guidance on that was that the sensor is known to go bad, although I'm not sure it was 100% of the problem. In the last week, it went to zero a bunch on the trails, and it seemed like it was more prone to do it when pointing steep downhill. I've never been fully convinced it was the sensor, but the motor never gave any signs of trouble, so I back burnered it.

Since replacing it, there have been a couple times where I started it up and the gauge read zero until I gave it a little gas, then it was fine. Although I have not had a re-appearance of it dropping to zero after a hard stop, so I may have solved that particular issue. Assuming that the new sensor is reading correctly, I'm guessing my pump is suspect, like it may be losing prime while stopped? Although when I just started it up after sitting overnight, it went right to 40 w/o any driver input. I'm at 190k miles, and was planning to do the RMS in the next few weeks; added a Melling pump to the order. I don't like just throwing parts at it, but it feels prudent in this case.

Reactions: Shinebox_LJ