What did you do to your TJ today?

Still can't prime the oil pump. I have a new Melling pickup tube coming today, if I can't get it primed by the time AutoZone gets it in, I'll drop the pan again, replace the tube, and pack it with petroleum jelly. I really don't want to have to do that.
After a calculated give-up, I put everything back together and fired it up despite not being primed. Oil pressure came up in < 3 seconds. Just got done with the test drive. Have a new non-transmission related noise, but otherwise I think I can call this a success. I can no longer say I've never dropped a transmission, nor can I say I've never opened one up. And I can also say I got it all back together correctly.

EDIT: my noise was that the rear driveshaft bolts were extremely loose at the t-case yoke.

Last edited:
I'm looking to replace one of my soft top uppers....but I'm not sure what material I have as a top.....

Is this BLACK DENIM ? ( below )

CED962B7-95F2-48CE-8CA8-F200CC8DAB0C.jpeg

4F45D777-1BDC-450D-9779-029EAC0E77E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Crawled under it and started with the Dremel cutoff wheel on the remaining upper rear shock bolt. 10 minutes later, it started to rain... :confused:
We stockers are watching and listening to you Zorba! "Dont like Me shocks so I changed Em this weekend took 1/2 hour to fit and dial the new ones in" lol
Oh did I mention I have a hoist and a dozen slack workers to help! :)

Apparently Denim is more grey than Diamond, If it looks black then its diamond I think?
Your year Jeep came with black denim. Even if the top was replaced with diamond, it's probably faded to denim already. :)
OK thanks guys...so im looking for 'Black diamond denim' then haha
Just kidding I'll order the Black Denim

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Is that a CJ 3 ?
I Googled this about them. The owner posted this.
1978 Jeep Viasa CJ6. Its a Spanish made CJ6 by viasa with a SOFIM 74hp Diesel engine in it. Top speed is 55 MPH. 4x4 is good. I purchased it over in Italy, had the engine redone there, and brought it back to the U.S.. Been slowly Jeep-a-sizing it but I've got 2 college teenagers now and would like to see it go to a good Jeeper. No tire kickers please. Gas gauge is out. Clean title. Custom top. New tires. 6,285 miles.
https://cj3b.info/World/SpainAvia.html

Last edited:
I Googled this about them. The owner posted this.
1978 Jeep Viasa CJ6. Its a Spanish made CJ6 by viasa with a SOFIM 74hp Diesel engine in it. Top speed is 55 MPH. 4x4 is good. I purchased it over in Italy, had the engine redone there, and brought it back to the U.S.. Been slowly Jeep-a-sizing it but I've got 2 college teenagers now and would like to see it go to a good Jeeper. No tire kickers please. Gas gauge is out. Clean title. Custom top. New tires. 6,285 miles.
https://cj3b.info/World/SpainAvia.html
I liked it initially, until the side shot. All the proportions look out of whack on this thing. That said, it's still a cool piece of history!

I liked it initially, until the side shot. All the proportions look out of whack on this thing. That said, it's still a cool piece of history!
I thought the same thing when I saw the side view. It was between that and a tiny 4WD truck for sale locally. I just need to take a ride somewhere.
Suzuki carry1.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw the side view. It was between that and a tiny 4WD truck for sale locally. I just need to take a ride somewhere.
View attachment 271197
I used to import those little trucks back in the late 90's early 2000's. They are sweet little rides, just wish they had more ground clearance!!!!!!

View attachment 271197

Those are quite popular in the Philippines.... due to the unmaintained roads outside the city areas.
That is a Diahatsu HiJet 4WD from the mid 90s....

Last edited:
Nice! How's the feel compared to stock?
Completely different, but in a good way?
These do sit up just a bit higher, but I'm 5.10" and it actually has a better feeling after getting them adjusted just right to me though.
Better positioning and comfort for sure. If you're over 6' tall you may have a height issue to figure out?
Top quality materials and craftmanship.