What did you do to your TJ today?

I've been searching for a reasonably priced set for awhile. Everything just seemed to "align" perfectly, and I feel lucky to have ended up with them.
Gotta find mirrors and lock cylinders, then paint. That will be the falls winter project...
By the way, these have tan liners and I need black. Anyone have black liners at a reasonable price?
I’ve heard some people have good luck with SEM paint. Could possibly repaint the liners. Just because i’m sure some half door liners are hard to come by these days.

You can’t continue to pursue zero Covid…
Western Australia has Zero Covid, we wont let anyone in from other states , thats like if you live in London you cant go to Manchester or Birmingham. We aint gonna last! :( Anyway to keep it relevant fixed my trash bag and max trax to the spare tyre but pic didnt work, flash bounced back.!

trash bag.jpg

I will say they are a HUGE improvement over the Rough Country 2.0's. I'm very happy with the ride quality, especially on trail, where it matters most to me. Much more compliant.

Will keep an eye on it. At least I have two hangars per door so it isn’t just on one spot. Seen a lot of people do it this way but will definitely make sure nothing is happening to them and try to see if there’s a better way to hang them. Don’t really have any other option but to hang them in the garage so any other options would be appreciated
I made this door cart and it works great for me. If you don't have room to wheel a cart around you could make some shelves that attach to the wall and are similar to the bottom part of my cart and have a lip for the bottom of the door to catch on. The doors want to naturally lean this way but I do use clamps to make sure they dont tip off of the cart.

IMG_6626.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

Got one of the rear shocks installed - the side with the broken bolts. I used the XJ flag nut, after I beat the bend out of it and got longer bolts as it sits on top of the remains of the original (welded in) nuts. Then it took a hydraulic jack to compress the shock so I could get it into the lower bracket - which was of course a bit too narrow, so I had to go Tony Beets on it with a BFH to open it up slightly. I'll do the other one tomorrow, I have to get cleaned up to go to dance class.

In other news, my inch-lb torque wrench arrived today, so I can properly torque those longer bolts on the very front of the oil pan and HOPE that stops this MFin' oil leak. I paranoid about it at this point...

Last edited: