What did you do to your TJ today?

received a nice rock dent & chip just above the windshield on the highway coming home. no idea where it came from wasn't around any trucks. just saw something coming at me and hoped it hit the glass but it managed to hit the small area of exposed metal just above the glass 🤦‍♂️ damnit.

Picture needed so we can see what a nice dent & chip look like. The nice ones are pretty rare. 😜

Actually depending on how big the dent is, you may be better off than what might have happened if that Flying Object from an Unidentified location had hit the glass.

Reactions: John Cooper
Meeting @Claybirdd in Scottsboro, AL today to give him a receiver hitch for his Jeep, I installed these new Para cord grab handles while I am waiting on Clay.
20211016_123930_copy_800x600.jpg

Figured @Fishtaco would love the color!!!!!

I had been hearing a small clunking noise at the rear of the Jeep, Thursday I got up underneath and tightened all the lower control arm bolts cause when I replaced the bushings months back I forgot to retorque them after a week or so of driving, clunking noise is gone again!!!!!!

decided to pull the top up early this year, usually push it into November but we hit 80 today & I wanted it nice & pliable, temps supposed to drop tomorrow & for the foreseeable future. I'll still leave the windows out & half doors on for a while though, on any given day I may be able to take a ride & be comfortable even into December if I'm lucky...

Took a nice ride through the countryside then on my way back popped in to see my son & thought she (the TJ :LOL:) looked particularly nice:

IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

as I pulled back into my driveway she turned 133,000

IMG_0281.JPG

I bought her 5 years ago with 119,000 & I'm proud to announce that the check engine light has shone brightly for every inch of my 14,000 miles, all hail Chrysler!

IMG_0282.JPG

decided to pull the top up early this year, usually push it into November but we hit 80 today & I wanted it nice & pliable, temps supposed to drop tomorrow & for the foreseeable future. I'll still leave the windows out & half doors on for a while though, on any given day I may be able to take a ride & be comfortable even into December if I'm lucky...

Took a nice ride through the countryside then on my way back popped in to see my son & thought she (the TJ :LOL:) looked particularly nice:

View attachment 284077View attachment 284078View attachment 284079

View attachment 284080

I bought her 5 years ago with 119,000 & I'm proud to announce that the check engine light has shone brightly for every inch of my 14,000 miles, all hail Chrysler!

View attachment 284081
Why is the CEL still on after 14,000 miles?

Reactions: Moglocker

View attachment 284077

She is pretty. 😀

Picture needed so we can see what a nice dent & chip look like. The nice ones are pretty rare. 😜

Actually depending on how big the dent is, you may be better off than what might have happened if that Flying Object from an Unidentified location had hit the glass.
its a pretty good dimple. ill get a photo.

I was hoping for glass, I got glass coverage no cost replacements. ive got a fairly large chip on the bottom drivers side ive been waiting to spider off of already. object looked like it was a little bigger than a marble when I noticed something coming at me but it hit hard.

ding 1 was me cramming something in the Back seat area and I managed to push out the tub above the flare.

ding 2 is the hood in line with the serpentine belt about the size of a BB gun bb, think a rock flung off it and hit the underside of the hood

dent 3 mysterious object hitting above windshield.

ive got 3 spots on the whole thing otherwise pretty spotless once washed and waxed. ordered touchup paint the other day. the one above the windshield hit hard enough to show bare metal.

View attachment 284080

View attachment 284081
Isn’t it supposed to on when running? If they wanted you to “check engine” it should have a check mark.

CLEAN Jeep. BTW!!

Reactions: John Cooper
Finished up a few details getting ready for three trips before thanksgiving.

B48A1900-A232-4590-BF16-69A6ED4897CE.jpeg

7BBDD82F-1E78-44A8-8716-575742486AB5.jpeg

Found some paint rubbed off on my rear driveline. At some point in articulation, the muffler is rubbing the driveline slightly. Going to remove the flow master and put in a Jones turbo tube.

09F1E7B5-094B-4CD7-8E98-09D93FD00F4E.jpeg

632B6FC2-E6EF-4382-8DFF-10EF77038357.jpeg

View attachment 284080

View attachment 284081
Easy fix.

9EBD6713-736D-4648-ACB4-0DD973A8F7E7.jpeg