What did you do to your TJ today?

How do you turn up the volume?

There is a volume icon at the top right that you touch and then slide to adjust the volume. This is my biggest gripe about the unit so far.

I emailed Joying to see if I can add an external controller or configure the volume adjustment differently. If not, I'll have to get used to it as is or purchase a different deck after the chip shortage is behind us.

There is a volume icon at the top right that you touch and then slide to adjust the volume. This is my biggest gripe about the unit so far.

I emailed Joying to see if I can add an external controller or configure the volume adjustment differently. If not, I'll have to get used to it as is or purchase a different deck after the chip shortage is behind us.
I have the Sony high power with the huge round knob in the middle,it works good and I mean loud,sound ordinance amp under the column to control sub in console,hey did you have to paint your gauge indicators to have them show up orange?thanks

Reactions: John Cooper
I have the Sony high power with the huge round knob in the middle,it works good and I mean loud,sound ordinance amp under the column to control sub in console,hey did you have to paint your gauge indicators to have them show up orange?thanks
Nice! So, do you have the GS80, M80 (marine version), or deck that's like $1400.00? I wanted the M80, but I didn't buy it before it was too late.

Yep, I painted the needles fluorescent orange because they were hard to see at night with blue lights. FYI, I provided the amazon links to the paint and brushes in an earlier post to this thread.

I also used a breadboard resistor to dim the shifter light because it overpowered the other dash lights.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to adding my torque pro app so I can go full nerd alert with gauges like I used to run in my old gas getter.

They're the first to go in and the first to die, just like the real ones. 👍
p.s. Veterans Day should be celebrated every day in this country!
Ha! Good one and good to know! I just wanted the extra UV protection that the marine version was supposed to provide (assuming it wasn't bs).

Honestly, I don't like getting attention as a vet (gives me anxiety), but I try to do my part for others. Been helping vets that call us for help at the veterans' advocacy law clinic (at the school I'm attending) and am representing an elderly vet in Federal Court to try to get him benefits that were denied (wrongfully imo). It's therapeutic and rewarding fighting for others in need.

Ha! Good one and good to know! I just wanted the extra UV protection that the marine version was supposed to provide (assuming it wasn't bs).

Honestly, I don't like getting attention as a vet (gives me anxiety), but I try to do my part for others. Been helping vets that call us for help at the veterans' advocacy law clinic (at the school I'm attending) and am representing an elderly vet in Federal Court to try to get him benefits that were denied (wrongfully imo). It's therapeutic and rewarding fighting for others in need.
This country needs more people like you in it! Thank you for being you. Nobody can repay you for all you do. 👍

By coupling myself to the Jeep, of course. Imagine.
powerglove.0.0.jpg

Bought a 2nd hand gauge bezel with the idea of recess-mounting my trans temp gauge. This requires a mastery of compound curved surface geometry and conic sections. No pictures yet, because it's all too embarrassing to show, but I'm not giving up yet.

I started by cutting a notch on the "new" bezel, but quickly realized that was the even harder way. The "just plain" hard way is to cut the pod to the desired depth and then match the curvature of the bezel. Which is hard, but will look pretty good if can manage to be patient with it.

Nice! So, do you have the GS80, M80 (marine version), or deck that's like $1400.00? I wanted the M80, but I didn't buy it before it was too late.

Yep, I painted the needles fluorescent orange because they were hard to see at night with blue lights. FYI, I provided the amazon links to the paint and brushes in an earlier post to this thread.

I also used a breadboard resistor to dim the shifter light because it overpowered the other dash lights.
Bought a 2nd hand gauge bezel with the idea of recess-mounting my trans temp gauge. This requires a mastery of compound curved surface geometry and conic sections. No pictures yet, because it's all too embarrassing to show, but I'm not giving up yet.

I started by cutting a notch on the "new" bezel, but quickly realized that was the even harder way. The "just plain" hard way is to cut the pod to the desired depth and then match the curvature of the bezel. Which is hard, but will look pretty good if can manage to be patient with it.
Following

This one

9598205E-45EE-455C-9EEC-5910C79DED82.jpeg

It’s almost perfect for a jeep it has two extra base settings that are easily in reach .I have about 600.00 in the system,used quadratic kicker upgrades for the sound bar and dash,and kicker upgrade in the factory console enclosure.sound ordinance amp running the sub on bracket under column

I'm not ready for, or in need of, a hi-lift jack; but I am definitely not happy with the idea of crawling under the jeep and manually cranking the stock bottle jack enough to provide any lift, so I modified a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter to fit into the factory jack arm.
It only took a few minutes with an angle grinder to make it fit snug. Now I can use a ratchet or a power tool to raise and lower the jack.
1636744185662.png

Nice! I assumed you went with a single din since I never looked into a double din. Makes sense now!

I had planned to skip a five channel amp if I went with a Sony high power deck. Did you ever try running your speakers off the Sony deck at 2 ohms?

FYI, I ordered two wireless volume controllers. If this works I’ll be very happy.