What did you do to your TJ today?

I made a low speed throttle control lever out of old suntour parts from a 10 spd bicycle I had in a box. The arm is long so it's easy to operate with one finger.

20220206_145811.jpg

Last edited:
I merged the threads simply because it made more sense given they the only difference between the two is a matter if inches.

That and I wanted to make the longest thread even longer 😆
I appreciate it. It was a nuisane to follow two threads that were essentially identical.

Started forming my own offroad track in some rocks just minutes from my house. Decided to actually check tire rub and bump stops to see how much more I need. Previous owner went from 3" rubicon Express springs to 4.5 but didnt change anything else I don't think. Will go the hockey puck route. Also ordered new rancho rs5000x shocks for 4-5" lift. Looking forward new upgrades and setting things up right. I will do the real test by cycling the suspension in the garage. But looking like I will need 3-4 inch bump stops right now. They are 2" currently. Also need to replace the body mounts, so might just end up doing 1" body lift as well. Seems that is the recommended path to fit 35s anyways. Tire was just starting to rub and the bumper was barely touching the extension in the pictures.

20220130_132958.jpg

20220130_133005.jpg

20220130_133045.jpg

Started a Prestone coolant treatment... cloudy green coolant with sediment at the bottom and the overflow tank looks like pond scum. :(

Reactions: Irohk
Is that throttle closed position? I hate that mine is ~90 degree's to shifter when closed. Got any more info on that shifter?

That's the closed position.

It's a 10 speed bike stem shifter, like this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntour-Po...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I took off the right side of it and cut what stuck out to make it flush. Then wrapped a piece of old innertube around the shift lever to match the diameter needed.

It was out of my old parts bin so it was free.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Took my youngest daughter out in the TJ today for her first driving lesson...I love that at 17yo and a girl she 'wants' to learn stick shift.(like her elder sister)...she did fairly good for her first time behind the wheel, dead proud of her.....Hoping to take her out a couple more times this week.

Took my youngest daughter out in the TJ today for her first driving lesson...I love that at 17yo and a girl she 'wants' to learn stick shift.(like her elder sister)...she did fairly good for her first time behind the wheel, dead proud of her.....Hoping to take her out a couple more times this week.
She’s a badass. My daughter drives our 2002 5 speed. Love to hear it!

Started a Prestone coolant treatment... cloudy green coolant with sediment at the bottom and the overflow tank looks like pond scum. :(
You need a real chemical flush to do any real good. 6-8 hours o driving with Thermocure or Blue Devil will work wonders.

Reactions: Irun
My gf is 34 and there’s only one stick she can drive…

That's the trouble with today's generation.
When I met my wife, I was driving a '53 Ford F-100. I had just swapped a 302/C4 into it and had no transmission linkage. Had the center panel out of the floor and you had to reach down on the trans to shift the lever. Took her about a minute of instruction to figure it out.