What did you do to your TJ today?

Well when @Hog is around everyone looks better!!!
200.gif

I realize this was over a year ago, but I have a similar issue I am tracking down. Did you get this fixed? I have a new fuel pump and sending unit.

I didn't. I got a new job with a longer commute, so I sold the LJ and bought a JL Rubicon.

I bought a new Bosch fuel pump but never got around to installing it. I think the new owner is on the board, but I don't know where things stand... I thought I saw he got the pump in but I don't know if it was successful. @ObedaTJ were you able to get the fuel pump code squared away?

Reactions: ObedaTJ
I didn't. I got a new job with a longer commute, so I sold the LJ and bought a JL Rubicon.

I bought a new Bosch fuel pump but never got around to installing it. I think the new owner is on the board, but I don't know where things stand... I thought I saw he got the pump in but I don't know if it was successful. @ObedaTJ were you able to get the fuel pump code squared away?
I did, after putting in the Bosch fuel pump me and my friend quickly realized that it wasn’t a fuel pump issue as it made absolutely no change to the Jeep. It also obviously didn’t take the code off. I sent it to one of my dads friends who is a mechanic and specializes in electric problems. In 1 hour of tracing the wires he found the problem, there was a split wire by the fuel tank and back of the Jeep, I forgot where exactly but he fixed it, only charged me 120$ and it took the code off.

If you can send it to someone whose primary focus is electrical mechanics, you’ll save yourself a lot of money.

Thanks, that is exactly where I am at. I replaced it with a Bosch and no difference. I will see if I can find a good electrical mechanic. I appreciate your quick response as well.

Reactions: ObedaTJ
Thanks, that is exactly where I am at. I replaced it with a Bosch and no difference. I will see if I can find a good electrical mechanic. I appreciate your quick response as well.
Besides the code what problems are you having with the jeep? Any trouble starting? Any burps or spurts driving? Any random shutters or shut offs?

My only problem was the gas gauge not being functional. Besides that everything else was fine.

He sent the same picture to my phone and I had the exact same immediate reaction-Why did you take a picture of your garage walls ?

When I realized the results he had gotten it really blew me away when you consider that is 15+ year old paint , And the vehicle is a lot like mine it was cared for but it was also enjoyed. He really has a knack for bringing out the best in a vehicle is cosmetics. I even look better when I’m around him. 🙃
I was thinking like- OK Georgia wins the national championship and Beats Alabama- “Now Georgia people be like look at my garage walls- we just do things different here.. “”

I don't have any other problems. But I do not drive it very much because it is not tagged since I can not pass inspection. The weird thing is sometimes I get a P0463 (High Voltage) also. So I am definitely thinking electrical. You didn't have a check engine light on?

I don't have any other problems. But I do not drive it very much because it is not tagged since I can not pass inspection. The weird thing is sometimes I get a P0463 (High Voltage) also. So I am definitely thinking electrical. You didn't have a check engine light on?
I did before finding the split in the wiring

Dont forget our overdrive mod when you get it in-

Also have you found a console- glad to check yards here-
I haven’t! I’m wiring up a relay in the PDC for the transmission and I might do the same with the ABS. spot for the overdrive mod, just for fun.

If you could find me the shift indicator bezel from an 03-06 that would be huge as Daveys doesn’t have any and everyone on eBay wants $150+. I’m pretty sure I have everything else I need.

Wrapped up 5 months off work and finally got the new tires on. Going to enjoy it until spring when I’ll do RMS/oil pan/VC, consider a 1.25 BL, and my tailgate/spare setup.

Started bone stock + the goofy bumper.

0625A6A1-D529-4061-A1F4-3EBC87163D71.jpeg
F8CE9C21-FE4C-4896-80BB-EC40DE015F74.jpeg

Today Stock+. 2in ish Procomp/Rancho combo, 17x8 procomp steels (no spacers) bigger than I intended but too good a deal to pass up, 5x285/70/17 K02s, winch and hitch.

47C72317-CE3A-4E04-9D06-2CF3AF2348C2.jpeg

A29217D1-CF79-4578-A2F9-0804D6869EFF.jpeg

I haven’t! I’m wiring up a relay in the PDC for the transmission and I might do the same with the ABS. spot for the overdrive mod, just for fun.

If you could find me the shift indicator bezel from an 03-06 that would be huge as Daveys doesn’t have any and everyone on eBay wants $150+. I’m pretty sure I have everything else I need.
OK sounds good if I get a chance to go to our local salvage yard today or tomorrow I will do everything I can to see what they have I’m not real confident because it seems like the interior parts just disappear when they come in

OK sounds good if I get a chance to go to our local salvage yard today or tomorrow I will do everything I can to see what they have I’m not real confident because it seems like the interior parts just disappear when they come in
I know a guy that has rebuilt quite a few of these two so I’ll do my best

It wouldn’t hurt if you send me a picture so that what you’re describing what I’m looking for is the same thing

I know a guy that has rebuilt quite a few of these two so I’ll do my best

It wouldn’t hurt if you send me a picture so that what you’re describing what I’m looking for is the same thing
I need this piece. Has to be the 03-06 version with the circle around the D.
F3E41571-E099-45A8-B6C0-83470434E14F.jpeg

Reactions: AndyG
I was thinking like- OK Georgia wins the national championship and Beats Alabama- “Now Georgia people be like look at my garage walls- we just do things different here.. “”
That's the way us UGA fans roll!!!!!!

Heck I even ask @Hog if his restaurant (The Yellow jacket) was named that cause he was a Georgia Tech fan before I would let him come to my house!!!!!! He assured me it wasn't, so he got the invite!!

Reactions: Hog